lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-19-2016, 02:31 PM   #1
KJRH
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default It finally broke and stayed that way..

I have a 1995 g9.... Quick run down on what I have done to buggy.
Fresh .010 over bore 6 months ago.
New Primary Clutch
New belt
Plowmans Exhaust and jet kit
New intake adapter
Cleaned carb.
Checked valve lash..
ran a ground from battery to engine.. It always would run fine up to a point, and then sputter and backfire, but it would always come back from the dead.. Well last night it stopped and has no spark.... I dont want to just start throwing ignition parts at this thing... I need the advise of the guru's... Ignitor, coil and pulse coil/trigger coil are original.... If it was your buggy what would you folks do??? Thank you in advance.. I have checked for lose wires and connections...
KJRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-19-2016, 05:05 PM   #2
KJRH
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: It finally broke and stayed that way..

I guess i got my answer, Replace everything... ( Ignitor, coil and pulse coil/trigger coil)
Old 08-19-2016, 06:04 PM   #3
CAMPERCART2013
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Do you have a spark tester? Just wondering how you know it's ignition and not fuel related?
CAMPERCART2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 07:40 PM   #4
KJRH
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Yep, no spark... Went thru all of the connections, could it be the start stop switch? The one under the gas pedal...
Old 08-19-2016, 07:44 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

i would find a service manual, then start checking what works and what dont. the ignitor doesnt have a great test procedure, the procedure is "test everything else, if the other stuff is all good, replace ignitor". calm, find a good volt ohm meter and download the service manual, then proceed. it still cranks, but no start?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 07:52 PM   #6
KJRH
Getting Wild

Yamaha

She turns over good, gets fuel. no spark.... I have the service manual, of course I cant find my meter.... Thanks for the advise.... Electrical issue are the DEVIL!!! lol
Old 08-19-2016, 09:27 PM   #7
CAMPERCART2013
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Some people hate electrical issues.and others are interested I am unfortunately one of the twisted one's that always wants to figure out why it isn't working .go find your multimeter and get this figured out if you have or can get a known good ignitor to swap out for testing purposes start there pretty sure G1-G9 has a few laying around I think he hides them under that push mower on the shelf in his garage
Old 08-20-2016, 10:13 AM   #8
KJRH
Getting Wild

Yamaha

When I look up the oem part number for the ignitor it looks like the use the same one on some of the Yamaha outboards.. I am gonna dig deeper and see if this is true... Living in Michigan it is a lot easier finding used outboard parts than it is used golfcart parts... One thing I have found out is I actually enjoy working on My Buggy... Thanks for your help... It also looks like the ignitor has been replaced before, the on it now has a wiring pig tail with the plug on the end, didnt the OEM plug right into the box?
Old 08-20-2016, 02:55 PM   #9
CAMPERCART2013
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Mine is a 94 G9 and it plugs directly into the ignitor. Not sure if there is a factory pigtail on other years. I would inspect the pigtail and plug to ignitor.maybe bad or corroded.
Old 08-29-2016, 04:51 PM   #10
KJRH
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Intermittent spark, I cant find a short anywhere, So I purchased a ignitor and nothing... Same thing, spark comes and goes.. Grounding the spark plug on engine I will see blue spark, put in cylinder and snug it, wont start, getting fuel, tried new plug, I was sure the ignitor was bad... This thing is got so ticked off I want to burn it... I went thru the test procedure on everything all the way to the end where it says if all else checks good replace ignitor.... What should I do.....

Tags
no spark finally
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha