lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-29-2016, 04:58 PM   #11
KJRH
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: It finally broke and stayed that way..

I dont no where to begin, I had intermittent spark with old ignitor, did all of the test by the book and everything pointed to the ignitor so I bought one, same thing.. Intermittent spark... What should I do? Trigger coil tested fine, coil tested fine (primary and secondary) please I need help quick.. going camping this wkend and I will be in the dog house... Thanks
KJRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-29-2016, 04:59 PM   #12
KJRH
Getting Wild

Yamaha

I lost internet and kinda double posted... I hope someone will understand my rant... thanks
Old 08-29-2016, 06:00 PM   #13
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Find your multimeter -- sounds like you have a bad connection. Make sure your low oil switch is disconnected, not sure if Yamaha shuts off with a low oil signal. Check the pulse coil and check the ignition coil. I had problems with my wiring harness after I started running the fields and back roads. When I gutted it and pulled out the old harness there were several wire connectors up underneath that were corroded and falling apart causing intermittent spark.
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 06:07 PM   #14
KJRH
Getting Wild

Yamaha

G9's have an oil switch? G9's are just plugged, (I think) I will look into it.. Thanks
Old 08-29-2016, 06:36 PM   #15
KJRH
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Shepard,You mean from up under the bottom of the chassis? I checked pulse coil and ignition coil, pulse coil was 565 ohms, Ignition coil primary was 3 ohms, is low.. Secondary was 13.75 ohms.. Spark plug cap/boot was 5.2 ohms...

Tags
no spark finally
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha