lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-08-2017, 08:59 PM   #1
Skoal82
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Yamaha g2 secondary clutch problems

I have a g-2 I lifted and put a clone in for a friend and now the secondary clutch is very loud.
It is also vibrating, wiggling when it is running in gear or neutral
What is my best option?
Buy new? (Can't find)
Rebuild? Which kit would work the best for me?
Lifted 4" 20" tires clone with comet 780 used on gravel and off-road
Which site sponsor do you recommend
Also is their a performance version of this clutch?
Thanks
Skoal82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-08-2017, 09:54 PM   #2
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha g2 secondary clutch problems

You need to find what part is bad, usually the moving sheave the one with the ramps on the back. The spring perch can also have problems, it has the pads that ride on the ramps. I have a cut sheave from CPP it is very heavy and works great. The cut gives you little more low gear for towing and climbing. Some of the ebay ones are thin and cheaper, maybe ok if you wont have the cart long. I don't know of any performance versions, you can get a umax spring its a yamaha spring and helps lifted carts run a lot better. They are only $15 or something. You can get other springs but be careful, same thing some ebay springs you lose high gear and top speed, some break the clutch, you should put a new nut on with them, you should put a spacer behind the whole clutch with any larger spring. The snap ring back there will fail and the clutch will grind into the trans case. the spacer sits on the splines not the clip groove. See what condition your pads are, the ramp pads. You get new ramps with the sheave. Grab them and see what moves, you can only twist the movable when its sitting with belt on.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 04:46 PM   #3
magg992001
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
You need to find what part is bad, usually the moving sheave the one with the ramps on the back. The spring perch can also have problems, it has the pads that ride on the ramps. I have a cut sheave from CPP it is very heavy and works great. The cut gives you little more low gear for towing and climbing. Some of the ebay ones are thin and cheaper, maybe ok if you wont have the cart long. I don't know of any performance versions, you can get a umax spring its a yamaha spring and helps lifted carts run a lot better. They are only $15 or something. You can get other springs but be careful, same thing some ebay springs you lose high gear and top speed, some break the clutch, you should put a new nut on with them, you should put a spacer behind the whole clutch with any larger spring. The snap ring back there will fail and the clutch will grind into the trans case. the spacer sits on the splines not the clip groove. See what condition your pads are, the ramp pads. You get new ramps with the sheave. Grab them and see what moves, you can only twist the movable when its sitting with belt on.
Where do you purchase the umax spring from?
magg992001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 06:36 PM   #4
CAMPERCART2013
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoal82 View Post
I have a g-2 I lifted and put a clone in for a friend and now the secondary clutch is very loud.
It is also vibrating, wiggling when it is running in gear or neutral
What is my best option?
Buy new? (Can't find)
Rebuild? Which kit would work the best for me?
Lifted 4" 20" tires clone with comet 780 used on gravel and off-road
Also is their a performance version of this clutch?
Thanks
Plowmans Carts has secondary clutches call And speak with Don and he will help you get the best option for your needs!
CAMPERCART2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 07:40 PM   #5
Skoal82
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I did speak with don last week.
He did not have a setup to work with a 780r clutch, he said his setups are made for working with a Yamaha primary clutch.
At first I was a little frustrated with what I was hearing, but after listening to him I understand not wanting to sell a product that it is not custom made to work with what I got.
He suggested a stock Yamaha secondary with a umax spring in it.
Old 09-11-2017, 07:49 PM   #6
CAMPERCART2013
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
He did not have a setup to work with a 780r clutch, he said his setups are made for working with a Yamaha primary clutch.
At first I was a little frustrated with what I was hearing, but after listening to him I understand not wanting to sell a product that it is not custom made to work with what I got.
Sorry to mislead you on that. Glad you got to speak with Don about it, sounds like you have a solution Don and everyone who works there are good people he is a no BS guy
CAMPERCART2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 09:48 PM   #7
sformal
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Even being a sponsor, ABSOLUTELY AVOID GolfCartKing, they sell China garbage!!!

Concerning the UMAX spring, Yamaha holds it in their catalog if you want to be sure of the origin and quality...

On this subject, I was surprise by the last announce from Vegas cart concerning a complete secondary sheave kit, no idea of the quality but, usually, they look serious...
sformal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 09:12 AM   #8
1992G8
Gone Wild

Quote:
He sells a "V-Twin" secondary clutch kit. It's on the website. Aren't most people who run a V-Twin using a Comet 780?
1992G8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 11:14 AM   #9
Skoal82
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'll look into that and thanks
Old 09-12-2017, 11:50 AM   #10
1992G8
Gone Wild

What engine are you using, exactly? Reason I ask is I have a VC 460 with a Comet 780 and a Plowman's secondary clutch kit (it's the V-Twin kit). He never mentioned he couldn't sell me a secondary because I have a Comet 780 primary. Which leads me to ask what engine you are using, because THAT (along with the Comet 780) might be the issue?
1992G8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha