lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-04-2017, 10:24 AM   #11
Jason E
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: How to determine manufacture year of Kawasaki engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Ezgo is doing the same thing with e to g. Problem you have is it might have been done in 2016 but no idea what year motor it is. I don’t think you will have problems as long as you order by the motor and not the cart. Kawasaki hasn’t changed a bunch.
Where do I find info on the motor itself? I looked on the Kawasaki website and but when I typed in the serial number it didn’t come up. Seemed to be for bikes only.
Jason E is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-04-2017, 12:02 PM   #12
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Well this might help but is for Ezgo http://products.jacobsen.com/img/man...f?m=1297350356
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 06:21 AM   #13
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

PM sent...
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 09:20 AM   #14
Jason E
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

So I will as able to locate the sticker on the engine yesterday after tinkering with the cart a bit. Sticker says 0608.....I’m assuming this is an 08 motor? I’ve already confirmed the cart is an 09 so this would make sense. This was a substantial investment for me and I’m coming to find out that the guy I purchased this from is a comeplete bullshit artist. He told me the engine was a 2016. Wondering what to do now. I’ve had nothing but problems with this thing since I’ve had it. Battery has died twice. Pretty sure it’s a charging system issue. The body and frame are in good shape as far as I can tell but now considering the issues I’ve had, cost to purchase and now finding out I was bold faced lied to about the engine manufacture date I’m considering asking for my money back. My conundrum is the fact that although it cost way more than I initially intended on spending, I don’t think I can find another gas cart for the same price or less in my area (most of the ones I’ve seen similar go for 10k or more) and I’d prefer the gas vs electric. I need/want to get many years of fun and enjoyment out of this thing considering the cost of it. My main concern is the age of the engine. Do these motors hold up well? Thoughts and opinions are welcomed and appreciated.
Old 11-05-2017, 10:24 AM   #15
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yes those Kaw engines hold up well. I've got 92 Club Car DS - first year of that engine design (FE290 - little brother to your FE350) 25 years old and still going strong. As mentioned earlier, even EZGO went to the same basic engine (but in a 400cc version) for 2009 and up.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 10:35 AM   #16
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Just a thought: If you could post the cart's serial # (first half anyway) we could decode that for a bit more information. If it is a factory refurbished unit, the serial # it carries now would indicate that.
Since you say it's customized, it could easily be a refurbish by someone other than Club Car. We do it all the time. I've got a dozen chassis in my shop right now awaiting body, seats, lights, lifts, etc. most are 2012 chassis (fresh from a golf course) we go through and fix mechanically then add the new goodies. They look and drive like new, but we sell them as the 2012's they are. Serial numbers are unaltered, where the Club Car factory refurbs get new serial numbers to identify them as such.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 11:27 AM   #17
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

I'm not sure, but I think 06 is the month, and 08 is the year...

And yeah... I meant to ask about the serial number as meimk suggested!
Old 11-05-2017, 01:59 PM   #18
Jason E
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thank you all for your insight. Being brand new to the golf cart scene, this site and everyone’s help has been a tremendous help and greatly appreciated. The sense of community I have already experienced makes me excited and happy about my decision to become a part of this group. Looking forward to many years of fun and friendship.

Carts serial number is PR0933-043671

If anyone could help verify that this is a rebuilt motor it would definitely help ease my mind and feel better about this purchase. Unfortunately I purchased from a shady guy who I’ve come to find out has taken advantage and scammed a lot of people.
Old 11-05-2017, 02:35 PM   #19
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

10k? Ouch. Here in the Augusta area you can buy a 2017 gas Ezgo straight from the course for around 5k. Maybe I need to send a few down there
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 02:46 PM   #20
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Ohhhkaaayyy... Hmmm... PR0933
Sadly, that's not a CC refurbished number... It's an original serial number!

PR = Precedent I2 Gas
09 = 2009
33 = week of production

IF... it was refurbed by CC, the serial number would have been changed, and start with a number, then a letter, then 4 numbers...
example: 9G1623-XXXXXX

9G = Reman Prec Golf Car
16 = 2016
23 = 23rd week of production

I'll guess that the engine wasn't rebuilt, and it's just a moded cart from that dealer.

$4K would be the max to spend depending on the accessories added.

Sorry to be the barer of difficult news....
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car