lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-10-2017, 04:14 PM   #1
predatorcart
Not Yet Wild

Default G2 original clutch use.

Think I may have committed a posting error earlier by "replying" on a thread when I should have gone ahead , read the intro and done things correctly!
I am attempting to put a 420 predator into an '87 G2 and have questions about using the original clutch (money issues). Has anyone done so and how. Pics are helpful as I sometimes have difficulty visualizing things by reading. I am experiencing difficulty getting the v belt pulley off the shaft, is it necessary? Anybody used the tapered aluminum shaft thing I have been reading about?
predatorcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-12-2017, 04:15 PM   #2
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: G2 original clutch use.

Yes, I would recommend you get the steel version of the adapter. It just slides on the clone crank and the clutch goes on it. The crank can't be over 1/8" longer, that is max it can stick out the adapter. You can put spacers behind the adapter problem with G2/9 is the engine hits the fuel tank if you don't cut the crank shorter to get the clutch closer to the block. You will probably have to drill the crank deeper and tap threads deeper, but its not hardened so not hard to work with.

You need a puller to remove the primary, sucks but there is no way to get them off. Some have found a bolt to go in them but special thread 14x1mm and fill it with grease to force it off. The puller is the way to do it with out destroying it. Its just a bolt that goes in and pushes it off. Buy or borrow one.

I have run an adapter for over 5 years, with two different clutches, with no issues. I had it off there many times to work on clutch tuning.

Once you get that setup on the engine, then you need to align the clutches, as it changes depending on how much you cut off the crank.

If the stock clutch is working well and not worn out or broken weights, they work great on a stock 420 clone. If you modify the clone for more power later they don't work quite as great. They don't want to rev more and you will want a different clutch that you can adjust. That is why we like to tell people to get a new clutch if yours is shot, most aftermarket 780 for example is cheaper than a yami clutch anyway. Though yami has a new one out that will work but I don't know pricing.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
g2 engine swap
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha