lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-19-2017, 11:24 AM   #11
Rex3
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Engine and rear end swap

Does anyone have photos of putting the txt body on the marathon frame. I've read that it has been done and there is some modifications that need done which I'm ok doing I just wanted to see some photos of what all will need modified.
Rex3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-20-2017, 12:52 AM   #12
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
well......although the frames are different. seeing as how one is gas and one is electric....how the two bodies mount are the same.....doing a body swap between a TXT and a Marathon is EASY, actually they are P-N-P. Its the other part of your plan is the hard part, that is converting an electric framed cart to a gas.

Sir Nuke.

I think you will find the Medalist to TXT is more P-n-P ! the marathon has a completely different frame and subframe/enginemount if i recall, but then i am old and medalist and marathon both start with M, so i get confused easy these days. I am pretty sure that the medalist is exactly the same as the TXT with an updated body and other cosmetic changes.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 01:31 AM   #13
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmaster View Post
Sir Nuke.

I think you will find the Medalist to TXT is more P-n-P ! the marathon has a completely different frame and subframe/enginemount if i recall, but then i am old and medalist and marathon both start with M, so i get confused easy these days. I am pretty sure that the medalist is exactly the same as the TXT but with an updated body and other cosmetic changes.
yep your right.....I made a boo boo......nevermind.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 01:54 AM   #14
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

No worries, i thought it might be me that was going loopy LOL
Old 12-20-2017, 02:10 AM   #15
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex3 View Post
Does anyone have photos of putting the txt body on the marathon frame. I've read that it has been done and there is some modifications that need done which I'm ok doing I just wanted to see some photos of what all will need modified.
As you can see from the last few posts, it will not be easy. The frames are completely different shapes and the nice curved body of the TXT will not easily fit the marathon frame. I have never attepted to do it, but i have done several Medalist to TXT body swaps in less than a day, it is literally a few rivets and bolts.

Now to put the Marathon running gear in the TXT will be just as trying. you will have to fabricate a way of mounting the engine and transaxle together and also have to mount this to the frame. then there is the wiring to consider along with the fuel system. i still think you will be batter off parting out a medalist or TXT gas and sell on the gas marathon. The marathon model is very desirable for a lot of people and should sell well if in reasonable condition. To end up with a TXT in good running order will be your best bet and well worth the effort. Maybe someone wanting to have a marathon would be willing to trade you with a wrecked but running gas TXT, then your conversion should only take a day or two.

I am sure if you post on the forum that you are looking to do a trade, you will find someone interested. If you were in the UK, i would be more than willing to help as i have several gas TXT carts in need of a refurb.

Also to help out your finances on this project, any stuff coming off the sparky TXT would sell fairly easily too.

I hope this helps and i hope someone will pop in here that has actually converted a Marathon to a TXT body to explain what is involved. As i said, i have not done it myself, but knowing the differences i would not consider a body swap from TXT to Marathon, or an electric to gas conversion Marathon to TXT. there would be too many other parts to source along with much fabrication.

An alternative would be to use the Marathon transaxle on the TXT and a big block or clone conversion using just a few parts from the Marathon such as the fuel tank and maybe the clutch.

But then we are talking $$$$$$$ for the conversion kit.
Old 12-20-2017, 11:18 AM   #16
Rex3
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks. I have done the medalist to txt conversion as well and my plan is to do the marathon to txt conversion. I have all winter and I figure with a welder and grinder anything is possible. It should be fun and I'll post some pics of the build.
Rex3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 11:52 AM   #17
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

I shall look forward to following if you start a build thread. Good luck! You may need it lol
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO