lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-20-2019, 10:58 AM   #11
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Towing a small boat?

Lots of people at our campground use a golf cart to pull a very small boat - row boat or canoe - down to the lake front. But then they "launch" them by hand. Had one guy pull his 26' inboard down to the lake, even launched it OK. No way on this earth it would pull it back out of the water.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-20-2019, 04:46 PM   #12
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
Golf cart launching a boat... hmmmm
How did you get that picture? Were you following me the last time I played golf? Obviously I wont be returning to THAT course.......

I wouldnt want to launch a boat with a gas golf cart. 4wheeler maybe, but not a cart. That belt and clutch will not be happy..... electric cart may be up to the demand of pulling it out, but much more likely to get something wet that shouldnt be wet...

Think I'd stick with an ATV or a truck.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 05:08 PM   #13
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
Golf cart launching a boat... hmmmm

I have been launching and loading boats and jet-skis for decades. Other than perhaps a small jon boat or a small jet-ski with a long neck on the trailer I see no need in subjecting a golf cart to the stress and water damage.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 06:24 PM   #14
mrlmd
Gone Wild

These things could pull a boat on a good trailer on flat level ground easily, but I would be suspect about pulling that amount of weight up a ramp or hill, and the traction with the flat turf tires on the ramp may not be that great either. A trailer hitch extension would be a must to keep you away from the water and on level ground to attempt this.
mrlmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 09:42 PM   #15
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlmd View Post
These things could pull a boat on a good trailer on flat level ground easily, but I would be suspect about pulling that amount of weight up a ramp or hill, and the traction with the flat turf tires on the ramp may not be that great either. A trailer hitch extension would be a must to keep you away from the water and on level ground to attempt this.
Good points. And has anybody ever seen a level boat ramp?
Old 02-20-2019, 10:06 PM   #16
Done Deal
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have an 02 gas DS. CPP clutch work and heavy duty belt. I have launched a 16ft Carolina Skiff with a 25hp tiller motor at the campground many times. I have pulled it out about 5 times. It does have to be high tide to keep the tires on dry pavement and not to much of a climb up the hill. Our ramp is pretty good and does have good cross grooves cut into the concrete. Just be careful!
Done Deal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 10:13 PM   #17
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Done Deal View Post
I have an 02 gas DS. CPP clutch work and heavy duty belt. I have launched a 16ft Carolina Skiff with a 25hp tiller motor at the campground many times. I have pulled it out about 5 times. It does have to be high tide to keep the tires on dry pavement and not to much of a climb up the hill. Our ramp is pretty good and does have good cross grooves cut into the concrete. Just be careful!
What river are you on?
Old 02-26-2019, 09:27 AM   #18
z284u2try
Not Yet Wild

I launch and recover with this.

Im down on the Chic in NewKent
z284u2try is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 03:00 PM   #19
mrlmd
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
Good points. And has anybody ever seen a level boat ramp?
The top of the ramp is on flat ground. Depending on the ramp and the length of the trailer hitch extension and the height of the tide, you might be able to stay on level ground. That's what I was referring to.
mrlmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 03:20 PM   #20
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by z284u2try View Post

I launch and recover with this.

Im down on the Chic in NewKent
I think I've seen that ramp. R-hock?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car