lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-05-2018, 02:32 PM   #11
barneyz71
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2015 Club car gas no start

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlmd View Post
Since you are new to golf carts, do you know that the selector knob or switch below the seat has to be in Forward or Reverse position for the cart to start? (unless it is in Maintenance Mode, which is something else entirely). Put that switch to the F position, key on, press on the gas pedal while having the choke button pushed in, (near your left leg), and then see if it starts.
There is no choke with the EFI engines.
barneyz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-05-2018, 03:40 PM   #12
Tripp9901
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

The newer EFI motors don't have a choke. Ive tried maintenance and run mode in forward and reverse to no avail.
Tripp9901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 04:30 PM   #13
mrlmd
Gone Wild

To see if the solenoid is good, you can apply 12v to the small wire (? orange and blue wire) connections at the solenoid and see if the starter gets engaged.
Do you have 12V on the small orange wire at the solenoid with the key on and in F when the gas pedal is pressed down? If not, then you probably have a microswitch problem.
mrlmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 05:20 PM   #14
Tripp9901
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Yes power on blue with key on. No power on orange with pedal depressed. Don't know if orange is a ground thur pedal or a signal thur ECM?
Tripp9901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 05:52 PM   #15
pondbird
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Tripp, any luck with your problem ? I am having the same problem with my 2016. Put a new battery in, didn't help. I am lost also.
pondbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 06:47 AM   #16
v8manic
Not Yet Wild

Hi Guys,

I work for a Club distributor in Australia as a technician, The Gcor sounds like it needs to be replaced.
I have only had one maf fail so far on about 400 car in our area and the odd dirty injector from running cheap fuel and dirty jerry cans.

If the car winds over and won't fire then it's the gcor as it works as a kill switch to coil, the cars are still to new to have the sonic welds fail like ex fleet 2010-11's have happen.

Another Issue I have had is a bad wire connection on the fuel pump that pops the fuse that runs the ecu.

When you first turn the key on does it flash the oil light? They flash the oil light to put off a code if there is an issue that the ecu recognised.

If you can pm me with your email I will send you the ex40 wiring diagram as Have just tried to upload it and it is to large for forum.

Cheers Wade
v8manic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 06:54 AM   #17
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Welcome to BGW Wade!

You'll need at least 3 legitimate posts in order to use the PM system!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 02:33 PM   #18
pondbird
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Fixed mine, simple as tapping the starter/generator with a hammer. Goes first time every time when pedal is depressed. Must have had some dirt in the brushes. Will replace them if it happens again, who woulda thunk it ?
pondbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 05:48 AM   #19
v8manic
Not Yet Wild

Hi Thanks for letting me know about the post count needed Lockman, Yes the ex40 do chew out the brushes in the starter gens they usually only kill 2 of the 4 brushes for some reason.
They use a high torque start/gen already so can't be factory upgraded futher....
In saying that club car did release an ACR kit to add onto early EX40 engines, this is now standard on current engines.

Cheers Wade
v8manic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 06:34 PM   #20
jcs73
Not Yet Wild

Did you ever fix this ?
jcs73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ex40 motor efi no start
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car