lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-22-2018, 10:33 AM   #1
Bambeklr
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2007 ezgo mods

Ok you guys I am new to this stuff and the forum so if this is in the wrong place just let me know and I will move it.

I recently purchased a 2007 electric Ezgo series cart. It has a lift and tires on it. I do a lot of hunting and the way it is now it slows down considerably on hills and in any tall grass. I am thinking about a complete upgrade to the motor, speed controller , solenoid and wires.... I will be doing all this myself. What do you guys suggest as far as parts go? I would love to gain speed and torque to haul corn, deer and pull stuff. There are a million parts out there but I figured I would ask people that have experience before I go in blind.
Bambeklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-22-2018, 12:00 PM   #2
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2007 ezgo mods

http://www.cartsunlimited.net/upgrade-suggestions.html

Review that page, and that whole website for that matter. Scotty owns that site and is a prolific poster here helping people out. He’ll dial you in on what you need based on how you plan to use your cart. He carries the best stuff, ships really quick and provides customer support through email.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 12:19 PM   #3
Bambeklr
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

thanks for the reply.....
Old 05-22-2018, 01:27 PM   #4
Bambeklr
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

been looking at the site... Thank you again for the information... I have learned a ton already about my cart just looking at the site. I sent him and email asking him what I should do for my applications.
Old 05-22-2018, 02:05 PM   #5
bubba4dad
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambeklr View Post
been looking at the site... Thank you again for the information... I have learned a ton already about my cart just looking at the site. I sent him and email asking him what I should do for my applications.
I sent him an email also two weeks ago and got a response that said he was too busy to reply to my email and that if I posted it on buggies gone wild . com that he would answer it. I posted my question last week and he has yet to respond to my thread. I am hoping he will eventually.
bubba4dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 03:43 PM   #6
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

He must be kinda busy right now. There’s lots of other guys here that can tell you what they know and what’s worked for them.

If it’s lifted and you want speed, and torque for getting you up your hunting hills, you’ll probably want the 500 amp controller. You listed most of the stuff already.
2g cables
500 amp controller
400 super solenoid

I don’t know much about the 2007. Which drive type is it? Is it already 48v? It’s not a series cart, right? If it is, ditch the f/r for one of the contactors.

You can do all of the above, then decide on which motor, if needed.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 07:30 PM   #7
Bambeklr
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

it is a series cart that's 36 volt....
Old 05-22-2018, 07:42 PM   #8
Bambeklr
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

can I change out the speed controller, solenoid , wires and forward reverse switch without changing the motor right away?

Also since its a 36 volt cart should I switch to 48 to get more power?
Old 05-22-2018, 11:23 PM   #9
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambeklr View Post
can I change out the speed controller, solenoid , wires and forward reverse switch without changing the motor right away?

Also since its a 36 volt cart should I switch to 48 to get more power?
YES you can.....when I bought my cart, I just bought a new set of batteries (36v). but wanted to upgrade EVERYTHING. so I did.

I upgraded the controller (500a), SD Solenoid, HD F&R, 2 ga. cable set. and kept it at 36v.

one thing you must realize about the SERIES drive.....even with all of that upgraded, it will NOT go any faster....but it will be more reliable, and can use the amperage better.

if you really want more out of your cart, you will need to either upgrade your motor OR jump to 48 v OR BOTH

if you look at my sig, I did everything EXCEPT going to 48v (left at 36v) and my cart had a lot more torque and speed (25 mph) but the jump to 48v will increase both your torque and speed by 33% over stock. mine now runs 30 mph and has a ton of torque.....especially for a speed motor!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:16 AM   #10
Bambeklr
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

can I run my same motor if I upgrade to 48 volt? I will need to buy upgrades that are specifically for a 48 volt cart right? such as the speed controller...

Basically, if I get 6 8 volt batteries what do I need to change to run around 20 mph and have the torque I need to pull and go up hills while hunting.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO