lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-22-2018, 10:16 AM   #11
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: 1997 carryall

Good info! I assumed the wire going to the coil was a power wire when I replaced mine, but didn't really look into it much. That makes a lot more sense.

Aftermarket anything for the most part are junk knock off parts from china made with inferior components. I'm replacing the solenoid in mine today because i got a cheapie when I bought the cart, just to get it ruinning. The terminals welded themselves together yesterday inside the solenoid and now the S/G doesn't turn off.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-22-2018, 01:52 PM   #12
ronwguy
Not Yet Wild

This one doesn't have the ignitor under the rev limiter. Removing the brown wire didn't work. Starting to wonder about the ignitor on the flywheel. Wasnt aware the came with or without a built in ignitor. Either way I'm still dead in the water here.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
ronwguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 07:15 PM   #13
ronwguy
Not Yet Wild

I looked back at my order and it is one without an igniter 96 and earlier. Apparently 97 was the of the change an ad luck would have it this is a 97. Get a new one on order. Also going to check the old one the owner installed himself. Probably the original problem I suspect. Thanks again for your help. Putting you on my Christmas list.lol. have a great evening. I'll let you know the outcome.

Old 10-24-2018, 01:23 AM   #14
ronwguy
Not Yet Wild

Well installed old coil after. Verifying it was the right one. It was trying to start and I notice little puffs of smoke exhaust coming out of the drivers side of the cylinder between the fins. Must be cracked explaining low compression. Need to find a new one.

Old 03-04-2019, 07:35 PM   #15
ronwguy
Not Yet Wild

Back again. Installed a new head gasket. the compression get up to 130 now. Still starts with lite pedal push but dies if you push it down at all it dies.
Old 03-04-2019, 08:00 PM   #16
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Starting at all is an improvement. Sounds like it may be too lean. Carb could be clogged, or have stale fuel in the lines.
Do both filters have fuel in them?
If you pull the fuel line off the carb does it squirt fuel when you crank the engine over? Stick the line in a clean plastic bottle to catch the fuel.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 08:12 PM   #17
ronwguy
Not Yet Wild

I have fuel in the filters but I'll double check the flow at the carb tomorrow. I have done so much I need to back track.lol

Old 03-06-2019, 07:43 AM   #18
ronwguy
Not Yet Wild

I checked the fuel flow and had it at first then lost it. On further investigation I pill the line from the engine the pumps the fuel pump and its pumping oil out that look mixed with fuel. Lines to the fuel pump are in the correct places.

Old 03-06-2019, 09:23 AM   #19
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

The float needle in the carb might be sticking open and flooding it.

Or the diaphragm in the pump has split and it's leaking fuel down the pulse hose straight into the crank case.
Fix that and change the oil twice and be sure to let it drain really well each time to get as much of that fuel out of the crankcase as possible.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 09:28 AM   #20
ronwguy
Not Yet Wild

Okay thanks. I'll check that out. Back to you later.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car