lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-10-2019, 08:43 PM   #1
Yzdude250f
Not Yet Wild

Default Power spring and clutch machining

I have a 2002 CC ds I’ve lifted and run 23” tall tires I’m happy with the 22mph top speed but would like some torque back for the hills at camp, who has done these mods and liked the results or has input thanks !
Yzdude250f is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-10-2019, 09:10 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Power spring and clutch machining

Probably the greatest power mods you can make. You should still be really close to that top speed even with the clutch mods, just have much better low end torque to get you over obstacles and help keep you moving up hills.
Don’t forget the HD drive belt. Especially if you use it for hunting or going through water.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 10:56 PM   #3
Yzdude250f
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
Probably the greatest power mods you can make. You should still be really close to that top speed even with the clutch mods, just have much better low end torque to get you over obstacles and help keep you moving up hills.
Don’t forget the HD drive belt. Especially if you use it for hunting or going through water.
See I’ve seen a few people mentioning loosing a little top end which I don’t see plausible , and others claiming they still hit 21-23 mph,, the machining more or less gives you lower ratio from the start and the spring holds the rpm a little longer before it “shifts” persay but how would it affect the top end if nothing on that end of the spectrum changes.
Old 02-10-2019, 11:26 PM   #4
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

If people are loosing top end it’s either nitpicking about a minimal loss (1mph?), or something is wrong with the belt (worn, stretched, or incorrect belt) or governor is incorrectly adjusted.

There could be other reasons, but the way the torque spring works, it still allows the clutch to open all the way. This still allows the belt to slide all the way to the bottom of the clutch sheaves, which gives the fastest effective ratio. A worn belt will affect this by not rising all the way to the highest possible point in the primary clutch, and it will thus not pull all the way to the lowest point in the secondary, which means the secondary will not be all the way open.

Once the primary is all the way closed, and the secondary is all the way open, the only increase in speed comes from increasing engine RPM. This is where governor adjustment comes into the picture.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 11:58 PM   #5
Yzdude250f
Not Yet Wild

sweet sounds like I need to pull the driven clutch off and get this going, I’ve already done minor governor adjustments the factory rpm limiter is still hooked up and I plan to keep it that way, and I adjusted the rod on the pedal some as well as a k&n filter and jetted the carb, it runs well and isn’t cranking a whole heck of a lot of rpm which I’m content with and still yields 20-22 mph depending how long of a stretch I’ve got.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car