lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-31-2020, 02:49 PM   #31
skyriver
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: A Battery Question

You're welcome, I don't seem to be getting any email notifications from the forum on replies, sorry about that.

The Crown 260's are still doing great, I drive out to a cabin in the woods and power it up with a 3000 watt inverter on the golf cart and the 8 - 260's for a over night visit with no problems (90% remaining the next day).

The setup is turning out very well. Thank you for all your info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CartsRFun View Post
Skyriver

Hope your new Crown fla crv 260ah are working now to your satisfaction.

Had my new crown agm crv 260ah installed and have been using them for about a month now. Also had to purchase a new Eagle Pro charger as the
Lester Summitt II 650watt was severely over volting (with 65 to 67 volts)
my former crown agm 220ah. These high charging voltages would go on and on for hours on end never shutting down with dvdt. Crown put me in touch with the local representative. After looking at the cloud record of the Lester charger, the agm profile 22259 is correct for agm but was way over what Crown recommends for their Crown 1 agms.

The Crown rep worked with directly with Crown mfg to develop the right profile for my new Crown 1 agms .

Now on to my new experiences with agm crv 260s.

My cart is a 48v, ac motor Star Sirius model.

In a word : amazing so far.
With runs of:
23.3 miles stop volts 50.7 rest volts 51.2
20.4 miles stop volts 50.8 rest volts 51.8
15.3 miles stop volts 51.5 rest volts 51.7
26.4 miles stop volts 51.2 rest volts 50.8
36.1 miles stop volts 49.0 rest volts 50.2

My community is a private community with numerous loops with numerous
short seemingly steep grades to me. I need to fetch an angleometer to see more precisely.

The 36.1 mile run with 49.0 stop volts is just a hair over 70% soc based on Crown's chart with est volts of 50.2 soc is somewhere between 75 and 80% soc
according to Crown's chart.

When my new Crown agms were installed by my gc dealership..I had them order ScottyB's voltmeter... a real gem ...another one says thanks.

Have read ScottyB's how to break in new batteries....my community is not very large. It took me 3 runs during the same day to go that many miles.
More typically about 10 - 15 miles a day.. Hardly enough for a to attain a 70%
soc for the 1st 20 or so cycles of recharge...

Any advice will be welcome.

Skyriver thank you for allowing me to use your post for follow on my agm version of your Crown crv 260ah

Forgot to say my previous Crown agm CRV 220ah distsnce miles run per charge had dropped to 3 miles
before slowing down significantly....can't say for sure but it seems The Lester Summitt II agm 22259 incompatible withthose agms

Last edited by skyriver; 01-31-2020 at 02:51 PM.. Reason: added qoute
skyriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Tags
charging batteries
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO