lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-10-2019, 12:27 PM   #1
MrMudd
Not Yet Wild

Default Vegas Carts/Zongshen reviews?

Hello everyone!

I was interested in getting input from people who have used the Vegas Cart 625cc on a regular bases since its release and was wondering if there had been any issues or reliability problems.

A little background. I am not looking to put said engine into a cart but instead a 1959 Cushman road king. For the last 20 plus years people have been using Kohler or Vanguard vtwin to grt the job done. I wanted to go with something that had similar cc advantage but was more space saving. Any insight or info would be appreciated.
MrMudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-10-2019, 12:54 PM   #2
superpro56
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Vegas Carts/Zongshen reviews?

I installed one in the spring. Its been a great engine thus far, reliable over a wide range of circumstances. Some minor modifications to the fuel delivery and supply system were necessary. More specifically, a fuel return line was incorporated to prevent the float bowl becoming overcome at idle while still maintaining a strong fuel supply at higher RPM's. Additionally, an adjustable main jet was installed on the carburetor to be able to adjust the fuel mixture for the best results over the entire RPM range this engine sees.
superpro56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 04:34 PM   #3
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Default Re: Vegas Carts/Zongshen reviews?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMudd View Post
Hello everyone!

I was interested in getting input from people who have used the Vegas Cart 625cc on a regular bases since its release and was wondering if there had been any issues or reliability problems.

A little background. I am not looking to put said engine into a cart but instead a 1959 Cushman road king. For the last 20 plus years people have been using Kohler or Vanguard vtwin to grt the job done. I wanted to go with something that had similar cc advantage but was more space saving. Any insight or info would be appreciated.
Cool...
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
big block, clones
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!