lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-23-2020, 08:56 AM   #1
omigosh
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Towing question

I'm curious what ya'll tow with your carts and what kind of limits there are. I have a 14ft utility trailer (weighs about 1800#) I would like to move around my property and I'm curious how (or if) my cart will tow it before I put a hitch on it!

I have a 2013 Precedent with Alltrax XT500 controller and PQ executioner motor for reference.
omigosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-23-2020, 10:41 AM   #2
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: Towing question

Your cart will tow your empty trailer with no issues. You'll even be ok with some additional weight but I wouldn't go crazy.

As means of comparison, I upgraded a 36v EZ Go Shuttle to 48v with a ScottyB beast kit attached to the original 36v motor. I tow my 5 x 8 trailer, loaded with wood, other carts, whatever, with no issue. My shuttle has become the tow truck for the campground it's in. I would say it's close 1500 pounds when loaded. Your set up is better than what I have. You'll be fine.
Lochlin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 11:53 AM   #3
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

I agree. I have a PQE and Alltrax 500a and pull my 2800# boat down to the river with no problem. Now if I am going to go with a lot of pulling, I would replace the PQE with a PQ Rhino
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 07:31 PM   #4
omigosh
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Great! Thanks guys. I thought I'd be ok. 2800# is impressive!
omigosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 07:01 AM   #5
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Towing question

I’ve towed a lot with mine over the years. Usually the heaviest things are pulling other golf carts out of the mud in the yard!

But, mine has pulled a large enclosed trailer and a 16 foot open trailer with my 60” commercial zero turn in it.
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car