lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-02-2020, 08:39 PM   #11
wpb3399
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1991 high speed ezgo electric motor question.

Well so far so good. This cart hasn't let me down yet and it's been used hard all weekend including moving trailers around the neighborhood.

I enjoy when people say things cant be done it just makes me work at it that much harder, also doesn't hurt that my older brother is an electrical engineer! The funny part is NO ONE can still tell me how many watts a resistor coil is rated for!

As far as what I've got in to the cart:
Ezgo from junkyard $200
6.1 gears $375
Lift kit $0 I built it with scrap steel I had around the shop
22x11x8 tires and rims $100 on facebook market place
8 volt batteries from Sam's club $679 because no core
#1 wire $0 left over from a job in my bros shop

Total $1354.00 I couldnt buy one this fast from anywhere near me! I took it over to Champion golf carts to the guys that said it would NEVER work and I smoked there $8000.00 brand new golf cart and I just laughed!

I've been working on golf carts since I was 13, I'm now in my 40's and I've played with them all gas, electric, club car, ezgo, melex, legend, Yamaha, Hyundai, gem car, Cushman and have even built a homemade one. I still swear by ezgo and the old resistor coils as NOTHING ever goes bad except a micro switch or solenoid. Back when they knew how to build stuff to last, everything now is all plastic with computers running computers and its junk in my opinion! I can still take any cart out there and bring it back to life with the old ezgo mechanics and all my stuff runs! I even revived an old problematic GEM car switching the motor and using an ezgo gas pedal and switching it to the wiper board and heat coil set up and 10 years later that cart still runs perfect to this day, no one can deny if that was the old GEM car solid state it would probably be in the junk yard today and if you say otherwise you've probably never turned a wrench on one. The reason I did the GEM car that way is because Professional golf carts laughed at me when I was looking for parts for it and they told me it couldn't be done converting it! Well I'm still driving it today 10 years later with zero issues minus being on my second set of batteries and probably ready for set #3 here in the near future!

I just started getting in to using the Club Car V-glide set up with cc heat coils and an ezgo fnr switch. So far I'm not disappointed. I only did this because one of the newer carts I bought from the junk yard was solid state and they didnt have any old carts out there with the ezgo set up so I tried the v-glide and I'm pleasantly impressed. I just picked up another v-glide setup yesterday for $20 from the junkyard for another project in the near future!

I'm helping my neighborhood with reliable carts!
wpb3399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-03-2020, 11:53 AM   #12
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Well, I for one, never said it "couldn't be done", but long term reliability is what I question. (Long term reliability is longer than a couple days). Keep building em just like that, and within a year, I bet your neighborhood buddies might be singing a different tune.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 03:00 PM   #13
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Well, I for one, never said it "couldn't be done", but long term reliability is what I question. (Long term reliability is longer than a couple days). Keep building em just like that, and within a year, I bet your neighborhood buddies might be singing a different tune.
Just because something CAN be done, does not mean it is a good idea, LOL.

I knew a guy once who owned a diesel backhoe in the late 70's or early 80's when gas prices shot up. He swore that it would run all day on 5 gallons of fuel.

So, he took the engine out of his Backhoe and retrofitted into his very nice CADILLAC. It worked, he got about 10 mpg on the HWY, not to mention it vibrated terribly.
rockfordpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO