lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-02-2020, 05:09 PM   #1
Joepar
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Unhappy Really Confused, 07’ EZGO TXT

I bought this at minimum 2nd hand.
EZGO 2007 TXT
Lifted
21” tires
Rear seat
Nice aluminum rims
Dashboard FR switch.

I installed:
Alltrax XCT48500-PDS. controller
HD solenoid
2 gauge battery cables
New custom battery box. Old one beyond rusted.
Side mirrors
New homemade custom pink camo. Wife, no more needs to be said.

This cart had a cheap remanufactured controller on it with cover when I bought it. NO Run/Tow toggle where you would normally find it on the cover.
There is a hole for the toggle and description sticker but this one is not there.
No evidence of wires for a toggle either.

The old motor burned up 6-7 months after I bought it.
I don’t remember towing it, but that doesn’t mean I didn’t tow it, and had too many beers to remember. Lol, but pretty sure no towing.

I replaced and ran cart for 5-6 months with new alltrax controller. I bought this controller with the idea that I would replace the motor anyway with something better.

When replacing controller did not reinstalled cover so run tow switch never crossed my mind again. UNTIL , old motor failed.
And I am where I am.

I am very close to purchasing a D&Dmotors #5021. High torque, low speed. We just creep anyway.

So trying to figure out exactly what motor I need the sale rep said series or regen. No Run/tow switch = Series, right? Then he asked a bunch of questions that made me look deeper. Speed control sensor (or whatever it’s called) wire off end of a old motor = Regen.
I don’t want to buy the wrong 600$ motor. Don’t try an sell me on a particular motor. Just need advice.

Someone before me took the run/tow switch out. There is no evidence of one in wiring. So idk why they took it out, on purpose, or idk what to think.

So there’s question. WTF do I nave?
No run/tow switch, can it be eliminated any way? Or how did it run without one? Or
How do I put it back?
No wonder the sales rep for D & D was confused when I said no runtow switch..that’s how this has come to light for me. I did not purchase anything, YET.
I need way bigger brain power than mine.
If I don’t have my facts straight then help me understand. I’m not as smart as y’all.
Joepar is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-02-2020, 06:24 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Really Confused, 07’ EZGO TXT

Neither the stock PDS controller (Curtis 1206MX) nor the Alltrax XCT48500-PDS controller will run without the Run/Tow switch being in the run position, OR J3 Pin-1 somehow shorted to Pin-2 and Pin-3 shorted to Pin-4.

What is plugged into J3 on your XCT? (Alltrax labels it C3 on their schematics and it is the square 4 pin connector of the attached image.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg XCT control jacks side.jpg (87.2 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO