lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-30-2020, 04:59 PM   #1
SkipSav
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2016 EZGO RXV 2+2 Not Engaging

I am having a strange problem. I have a 2016 EZGO RXV 2+2 (AC). I use it at least 5 times/week and charge after every use. Recently, I started having an issue where it (intermittently) wouldn't engage in reverse to back out of the garage when taking off of the charger. About one out of every 8-10 times. You can hear it click a little as though it's trying to engage, but it doesn't. Eventually, if I rock it a little or sometimes plug charger back in and remove it, it will eventually engage and I can go on my way.

Today, I was in full motion away from home going down the road and it just came to a screeching halt. Almost as if I had let off the accelerator and slammed the brakes. Didn't lose power on the battery meter but that's what it felt like. After that it wasn't engaging in forward or reverse. I rocked it a little and it eventually engaged. On my way and it did it again, twice. I was able to get it engaged both times and finally got it home on a wing and a prayer.

Any ideas what this might be? I get regular maintenance done on the cart twice a year but it's been almost 8 months due to COVID-19. When it's running, it runs just fine. No strange sounds. But the motor disengaging has become more frequent and today was very concerning.

Appreciate any help you provide. I am going to try and get it into a shop but I would love to know if it's something common or something I can handle.

Thanks!
SkipSav is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-30-2020, 05:46 PM   #2
rngilliland
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2016 EZGO RXV 2+2 Not Engaging

Sounds like the motor brake going bad. Could also be the solenoid.
rngilliland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 07:38 PM   #3
SkipSav
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2016 EZGO RXV 2+2 Not Engaging

Thanks much. I'm hoping the solenoid. After reading more about the symptoms, could definitely be that. Will try to test.
SkipSav is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ezgo, rxv
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO