lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2020, 08:34 AM   #1
Rossperk77
Not Yet Wild

Default 2017 Club Car Precedent Solenoid Troubleshooting

I have recently purchased a 2017 Club Car Precedent that was formally a course cart. I am new to working on carts but I am very mechanically inclined. I have a few questions that pertain to the solenoid.

Is there a way to trouble shoot with out taking it out? It is not easy to get to and I am not getting the click all the time. I am hearing it click every so often while driving. Also I am not getting a click when the ignition is turned on.

Can you remove the solenoid without taking the body off?

This cart has new Trojan batteries. Although when I plug in my ERIC charger I get 3 reverse beeps but I do not get the battery light flash. I am hoping this is just the light needing to be replaced.

The cart will maintain 14-15 mph. I have just been reading up being I was hearing a click at different time from under the seat.

Any advice would be great. Even if it is say don't worry about for now.
Rossperk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-03-2020, 11:04 AM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 2017 Club Car Precedent Solenoid Troubleshooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossperk77 View Post
I have recently purchased a 2017 Club Car Precedent that was formally a course cart. I am new to working on carts but I am very mechanically inclined. I have a few questions that pertain to the solenoid.

Is there a way to trouble shoot with out taking it out? It is not easy to get to and I am not getting the click all the time. I am hearing it click every so often while driving. Also I am not getting a click when the ignition is turned on. It only clicks when it closes in, not when the key is on. Are you having a problem with it like not operating?

Can you remove the solenoid without taking the body off? There is an access panel up under the cart you can remove the cover to get to it. The other way is behind the battery compartment

This cart has new Trojan batteries. Although when I plug in my ERIC charger I get 3 reverse beeps but I do not get the battery light flash. I am hoping this is just the light needing to be replaced. If it is charging, then you have a bad LED

The cart will maintain 14-15 mph. I have just been reading up being I was hearing a click at different time from under the seat. It the cart is running, it is not the solenoid. It could be the MS in the MCOR you are hearing

Any advice would be great. Even if it is say don't worry about for now.
See above
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 11:56 AM   #3
Rossperk77
Not Yet Wild

No... not a problem with the operation that I can tell. Probably been reading too much and wanted to make sure everything is straight before warranty is up.

Some days it seems really fast and others it seems really slow. But, I think that is because it is a stock off the course cart.
Old 06-03-2020, 09:11 PM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

If you ever drive it and it goes to half speed, then that is usually a speed sensor issue as it will place you into Limp mode...
Old 06-03-2020, 09:12 PM   #5
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

And remember, it is an electric cart, so the higher the voltage, the better it runs. Always always plug it in when not in use. We call it the P&P method Park it-Plug it!
Old 06-15-2020, 07:39 AM   #6
Rossperk77
Not Yet Wild

Thank you for the advice...... it is consistently going 12-15 mph..... would like like a little more speed but i think it is operating as it should for current specs. Was a course used cart I bought off a trade in..... new batteries. Came with a ERIC charger.... always plugged in when not in use.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car