lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-17-2021, 11:53 AM   #1
Shuga
Getting Wild

Default New batteries new Solenoid Still no Power

I have a 36v TXT Ezgo. It’s been sitting for over 11 years. Just replaced all the batteries with brand new ones. Had no clicking from the solenoid. So I replaced the Solenoid. Still no clicking. I’m at a loss guys. When I measured the voltage on the on battery pack it read 37.6. When I read the voltage on the solenoid it read .05. When I pressed the pedal with the key in the ignition. It didn’t change.

I cut the reed switch and twisted the wires together to by pass it temporarily. But still nothing. Anyone have any clues? Or what I should replace next? I already have a new charge port on order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-17-2021, 12:20 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: New batteries new Solenoid Still no Power

That is a PDS cart so hope you flipped it to tow before you messed with the batteries but make sure it is in run now.
Attached is the diagram. The voltage you are reading in the second picture doesn’t mean much. Put the negative meter lead on pack negative and the positive lead on the battery side of the solenoid large lug. Should be pack. On the other side should be a few volts below. When the pedal is pushed lug on the controller side should be pack but only if it clicks. If no click check pins 4 and 5 on the j1 plug for pack voltage. Bottom 2 wires far left on the large plug in your picture.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 01:48 PM   #3
Shuga
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
That is a PDS cart so hope you flipped it to tow before you messed with the batteries but make sure it is in run now.
Attached is the diagram. The voltage you are reading in the second picture doesn’t mean much. Put the negative meter lead on pack negative and the positive lead on the battery side of the solenoid large lug. Should be pack. On the other side should be a few volts below. When the pedal is pushed lug on the controller side should be pack but only if it clicks. If no click check pins 4 and 5 on the j1 plug for pack voltage. Bottom 2 wires far left on the large plug in your picture.

Yes it’s always in tow mode unless I’m trying to see if it’ll actually work lol.

So I put the negative on the battery pack and the positive on the Solenoid nut? Where are pins 4 and 5 for the J1? Where do I find the diagram? I’m sorry I’m not very good when it comes to this. This is my first time working on a golfcart

Old 04-17-2021, 02:03 PM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Well it would help if I attached it..
Meter negative on pack negative. Meter positive to test for voltage where it should be. 4 and 5 are the 2 red wires under green and white on the 10 pin plug. Far left
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 799A8424-A923-46AE-BB4E-F2C61EE5CFF4.jpeg (125.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-17-2021, 02:38 PM   #5
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Unfortunately if you have already bypassed the Reed switch and aren’t getting a back-up buzzer...I’m about to congratulate you on your new controller purchase 😬
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 03:35 PM   #6
Shuga
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Well it would help if I attached it..
Meter negative on pack negative. Meter positive to test for voltage where it should be. 4 and 5 are the 2 red wires under green and white on the 10 pin plug. Far left

Lol thank you for the diagram. I tested both pins and there getting power reading 37.6

Old 04-17-2021, 03:36 PM   #7
Shuga
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroluvz28 View Post
Unfortunately if you have already bypassed the Reed switch and aren’t getting a back-up buzzer...I’m about to congratulate you on your new controller purchase [emoji51]

Maybe I did it wrong? This is my by pass

Old 04-17-2021, 07:54 PM   #8
Shuga
Getting Wild

Does it look right? [emoji23]

Old 04-17-2021, 11:06 PM   #9
Shuga
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuga View Post
Lol thank you for the diagram. I tested both pins and there getting power reading 37.6

Was getting the same reeding when I put the negative on the battery pack terminal and the positive on the solenoid

Old 04-18-2021, 09:28 AM   #10
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I can’t tell from that picture but if you have voltage at pin 4 you are good. At this point I would check all the switches and make sure they are working. You can do that at the plugs. Put it in tow before you unplug them.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO