lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-23-2021, 12:24 PM   #1
19TXTFLA
Not Yet Wild

Default 2019 TXT turn signal switch and brake light switch?

I just got a 2019 TXT Freedom 48V cart. It has lights from the factory but no turn signal switch and the rear lights do not indicate braking when I press the brake peddle. I want to make this cart "street legal" and was wondering what my best option is for this year cart? I know there's supposed to be a wiring harness under the cup holders to be able to plug and play. All the searching I've done online brings up a $250 blinker switch and even then it doesn't state that it will fit a 2019 txt... Is the best option just to get a universal switch and splice into the factory system? With the factory lights what's the best option for brake lights? Is that also able to be spliced in? This is my first golf cart so any ideas on what y'all have done would be appreciated!! Thanks
19TXTFLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-23-2021, 12:45 PM   #2
dajogejr
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2019 TXT turn signal switch and brake light switch?

As I’m looking to do the same thing myself, first thing I would do is consult your state’s DMV to see what they require to become street legal if you haven’t already.
Often times, it’s more than just turn signals. Could be side view mirrors, high/low beams, a wiper, DOT seat belts, etc…

In Michigan, a SMV (Slow moving vehicle) must do between 21 and 25 MPH also…
dajogejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 08:45 AM   #3
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2019 TXT turn signal switch and brake light switch?

Does your brake pedal have a switch on it to active lights? My 2012 has factory brakes.
You should see a wire going up the brake pedal arm to switch under pedal pad of factory.

Also down load the manual with wire diagram from the stickies on this site as it will help to see how they are wired.😊
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO