lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-16-2021, 05:08 PM   #1
smfgt13
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Unhappy New D&D Upgrade kit.. installation dilemmas...

Ok everyone I've searched and searched trying to find any information on what / how to correct my situation.

I have a 2016 EZGO TXT48 fleet cart I decided to do a full overhaul / refurb on it.

Finally came down to the performance of the cart and decided what the hell and went with the an Alltrax kit from D&D motors. 170-502-001 Motor - Alltrax XCT (5021-T)(ITS 48V setup) ?? Controller and it says a 500 Amp solenoid..

So I'm rolling along installing everything in the cart today and as I'm pulling the wiring off the original motor, I noticed the speed sensor connector and wiring is very different on the new motor vs the original, and obviously will not connect to the factory harness. The original sensor / factory connector is a flat 3 pin looks almost like 22g wires on it - R W B- the new motor has a triangular connector with maybe 18g wires.. R G B

My first thought was to just swap out the sensors but they also look very different and I dont think that is an option. Can I just cut and splice the wires together? Do I have the wrong speed sensor/motor setup -- I sent them all the info on my cart when I ordered it .. but of course its now Friday after 4pm so Im screwed reaching their technical support until Monday morning.. at this point don't even want to hoist that motor up onto the axle if Im just going to have to pull it back off.

And completely off the topic but a side note from my working on this thing... those new Madjax Storm body kits (that's what I changed to in my refurb) may look sharp but they are NOT maintenance friendly AT ALL.. lol -- Make sure you do ANYTHING battery or motor related BEFORE you attach that thing.. it does not separate like a normal cart body and there is no "inspection cover" that you can remove above the motor / batteries when doing maintenance! Once its on there your only working on it from below OR taking the whole rear body off..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210716_163620.jpg (112.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20210716_163626.jpg (163.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20210716_163853.jpg (81.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20210716_163911.jpg (67.6 KB, 0 views)
smfgt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-16-2021, 05:22 PM   #2
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New D&D Upgrade kit.. installation dilemmas...

Don't do anything yet. This has come up before and I think you just cut and splice the wires. However, I don't remember which wire to which and I haven't personally done this. So wait for an informed answer but I think it will be OK.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 05:47 PM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Red to Red (+)
Black to Black (-)
Green to White (output signal)

Added drawings of D&D and TXT-48 speed sensors showing wire color coding.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Speed Sensor.jpg (41.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg TXT-48 Speed Sensor.jpg (37.4 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by JohnnieB; 07-16-2021 at 06:11 PM.. Reason: added images
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 06:09 PM   #4
smfgt13
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Red to Red (+)
Black to Black (-)
Green to White (output signal)
Thank you sir!

I had thought that was a possible solution, however as I have 0 experience with this part of a cart I didnt want to risk frying any of my new gear.. All my previous tinkering has been mechanical / cosmetic!
smfgt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO