lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-23-2021, 10:15 AM   #1
tigers486
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 36v EZGO Medalist Drive Identification

Hey everyone. We bought this 36v EZGO Medalist a few months ago and after doing minor things to it to clean it up as well as replacing the axle bearings, were considering exploring some options for a slight increase in speed (currently does the standard 14mph). The problem is, this cart is kind of old (seems like a 1995 based on the serial number plate) and it appears that it is a bit of a hodgepodge of parts now. The F/R switch is unlike anything I have seen before. I was hoping someone could tell me what drive system this cart has and where I might be able to start for increasing the speed. I'm just lost at the moment since I cant even identify the components in this cart. Thanks for the help!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg unnamed (1).jpg (203.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ehj(3).jpg (204.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ergeed.jpg (153.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg erthd (3).jpg (201.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg erstj3).jpg (196.4 KB, 0 views)
tigers486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-23-2021, 11:12 AM   #2
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 36v EZGO Medalist Drive Identification

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigers486 View Post
Hey everyone. We bought this 36v EZGO Medalist a few months ago and after doing minor things to it to clean it up as well as replacing the axle bearings, were considering exploring some options for a slight increase in speed (currently does the standard 14mph). The problem is, this cart is kind of old (seems like a 1995 based on the serial number plate) and it appears that it is a bit of a hodgepodge of parts now. The F/R switch is unlike anything I have seen before. I was hoping someone could tell me what drive system this cart has and where I might be able to start for increasing the speed. I'm just lost at the moment since I cant even identify the components in this cart. Thanks for the help!
You have a DCS cart. JohnnieB can fill you in more if he happen to log on.
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 12:04 PM   #3
tigers486
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post
You have a DCS cart. JohnnieB can fill you in more if he happen to log on.
Thank you. So I went searching now that I know its DCS. Looking at the Carts Unlimited website, it looks like I could simply swap out the controller for an Alltrax XCT300 and gain some speed. According to the site, this is all that's needed and should put me around 20mph. I will likely send them an email, but does anyone know if its this simple? Just swap and done, or does the new controller need programming?
Old 07-23-2021, 01:34 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigers486 View Post
Thank you. So I went searching now that I know its DCS. Looking at the Carts Unlimited website, it looks like I could simply swap out the controller for an Alltrax XCT300 and gain some speed. According to the site, this is all that's needed and should put me around 20mph. I will likely send them an email, but does anyone know if its this simple? Just swap and done, or does the new controller need programming?
CU will load the correct field map for your motor and program the XCT48300-DCS for your cart if you tell them about the cart and what it'll be used for.

Looks like you have a 1995 Medalist DCS with a rear seat, stock height (18") tires and a 36V battery pack.

Probably want to replace the stock solenoid too.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 07:17 PM   #5
binder49
Gone Wild

I have the same cart with the same F/R switch. I upgraded to a XCT400DCS and a heavy duty solenoid. I also installed 2 gauge cables on the batteries and from the controller to the motor. I have 23" tires. Made a huge difference. The controller was plug and play.
binder49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 09:46 PM   #6
tigers486
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by binder49 View Post
I have the same cart with the same F/R switch. I upgraded to a XCT400DCS and a heavy duty solenoid. I also installed 2 gauge cables on the batteries and from the controller to the motor. I have 23" tires. Made a huge difference. The controller was plug and play.
Thanks for the input. Do you know what your top speed is now? I was sure the F/R switch was not a factory part, so its interesting to hear that you have the same. Based on the two suggestions now, it seems that a controller as well as a solenoid is a good plan.
Old 07-24-2021, 03:58 AM   #7
binder49
Gone Wild

I haven't checked the speed. But a big difference. The F/R switch is factory, I believe it was a one year item. But it was factory
binder49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO