lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-31-2021, 01:05 PM   #1
Sideways
Gone Wild

Default Club Car Turf 2 questions

Hello all, looking for some insight as I have an opportunity to purchase a gas powered Turf 2 carryall. (Not sure of the year yet but thinking early to mid 90's) I am going to look at the cart tomorrow.
My main question is what would it take to convert this cart to use for golfing (ie removing bed and replacing with a golf bag well)
I would also have to add a roof and w/shield.
I will be doing the work myself.
Thanks again
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-31-2021, 02:08 PM   #2
charlie99
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Club Car Turf 2 questions

My first thought is why not just buy what you want?

My Turf2 Carryall has a longer chassis in the rear, to fit the bed. Makes it very easy access for working on the engine, but (I'm guessing) makes it hard to fit standard bodywork, a roof frame, or rear seats.
charlie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 07:17 PM   #3
Sideways
Gone Wild

Looking for a winter project and this cart is available to me at a affordable price.
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 06:44 AM   #4
crash12888
Gone Crazy

I also believe it has a longer frame and the regular DS body will not fit, If the price is right and you can do the work yourself, buy it, fix it up and flip it/trade it for a cart you want?
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 07:41 AM   #5
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash12888 View Post
I also believe it has a longer frame and the regular DS body will not fit, If the price is right and you can do the work yourself, buy it, fix it up and flip it/trade it for a cart you want?
yes, do this before you chop up a carryall. Fix the carryall and sell it, take money and buy a DS. Or just buy a DS. Carryall 2 wont fit a DS body anyways
nwocart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 07:59 AM   #6
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

If it has the aluminum bed and aluminum rear body, You wont be able to find a bag well to fit that cart. The rear body is longer than a standard cart and is welded on. None of the body mounting is the same, and the upper cross bracing is not there to attach a standard rear body to. And if you did cut everything off and weld the correct bracing on the standard body would still have to be lengthened by about 6” for it to fit.

You could much more easily build bag holder that fits in the bed, and just drill a few holes to bolt it down. Then it could be removed for any times you want or need to use the bed for utility purposes.

If you’re after a cart strictly for golf, then fix and sell the carryall, and buy a decently priced standard DS or Precedent cart.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car