lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-12-2021, 06:32 AM   #1
cebell71
Not Yet Wild

Default 95 DS 48 volt Resistor or Power Resistor

Hello all, new to the forum. I've got a 1995 DS, 48 volt cart I've recently picked up. There is what looks a power resistor mounted just behind the batteries, similar to the older speed resistors. There are 2 coils. It is not connected to anything, however there is a red wire that looks like it was connected to battery positive and a black wire with an in-line fuse that goes some where, not entirely sure. I've looked at all electrical drawings I can find and have not seen this. Any ideas?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 95ccds48vres.jpg (180.9 KB, 0 views)
cebell71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-19-2021, 05:37 AM   #2
cebell71
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 95 DS 48 volt Resistor or Power Resistor

It seems I am having problems finding someone who knows what this resistor is for. Does anyone know who I could reach out for some information? Thanks everyone!
Old 09-19-2021, 10:06 AM   #3
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Hang in there. This is a great forum and someone will know the answer and post. Lots of folks (like me) will see your post but not have the answer, so patience is the key.

Welcome to the page!!
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 04:23 PM   #4
Goober11
Gone Wild

Club Car

I had one similar to what you have on a cart I got to rebuild. I ask the guys here they said must have been used for a voltage reducer to run lights. I removed it and installed a 48 volt to 12 volt reducer from site sponsor.
Goober11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 06:00 AM   #5
cebell71
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the reply, I was leaning that way as well. I've already ordered the converter so I'm just gonna remove it as well.

Tags
1995, 48 volt, power, resistor
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car