lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-22-2021, 10:07 AM   #1
jaco523
Not Yet Wild

Default Install Master/Secondary Switch Inline with the Keyswitch

I'm trying to figure out how to install a secondary switch (master switch/kill switch) to my keyswitch on my 2005 club car precedent.

I've relocated my keyswitch to an inconspicuous location and would like to have a switch that will perform the same function as the keyswitch, including triggering my voltage reducer. So both the keyswitch and the master switch would have to be on for the cart to run, and I'd have the option of removing the key.

I'd like to use a 12v marine rocker switch, as my headlights, LED lightbar, and other accessories are controlled by these switches already in a switch panel.

Since the keyswitch gets 48v, I didn't want to run that through a 12v switch. So I purchased a 48v relay, and was planning to have the 12v switch trigger the relay to make the 48v connection from the keyswitch. But apparently the relay I bought doesn't fire with 12v, but does with 48v.

In my mind, a relay with a 12v coil that could handle 48v would be ideal, but haven't been able to find one.

I've tried searching the forums, but haven't had any luck figuring this out.

Any ideas?
jaco523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car