lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-10-2022, 12:01 PM   #1
mhorton@investpub.com
Not Yet Wild

Default 2008 Ezgo PDS. Need recommendations for upgrade after failing controller.

Hello everyone, I have a 2008 ezgo PDS 36V. It had an aftermarket controller on it when I bought it. (FSIP model FX503G024) It has given me a lot of trouble where it would just suddenly stop working. The reverse buzzer would sound off, then there would be no buzzer, no power, no solenoid click and the cart would be stuck in neutral. Im pretty sure this time it went out for good because I can not get the reverse buzzer to come on at all. I even jumped the solenoid with a lead wire from battery and still no buzzer, no movement, no solenoid click. That being said, assuming the controller is done for or at least heading that way, what would you recommend I replace the controller with. I run 21.5" rims and have a back seat on the cart. I would not mind having a speed increase as I am only getting around 12 mph with the current controller. Thank you in advance.
mhorton@investpub.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-10-2022, 12:19 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2008 Ezgo PDS. Need recommendations for upgrade after failing controller.

Use the Alltrax XCT48400 with a 200a solenoid and 2g cable set for the best results.
XCT400PDS will give about 25-30% more power and 22-23 mph on stock height tires. More speed for taller tires.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 04:58 PM   #3
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2008 Ezgo PDS. Need recommendations for upgrade after failing controller.

If you need a new controller, then I would recommend Alltrax - same as Scottyb. I have two of them and I like the fact that I can hook them up to my laptop and change settings to my liking. Many stock controllers won't allow you to modify anything. If you order one (from Scottyb) make sure you order it for your cart and motor. They are plug and play if you do that.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 06:23 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I have a 2008 PDS and I'm running an Alltrax XCT48400-PDS controller, which I highly recommend for your cart.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 08:09 AM   #5
mhorton@investpub.com
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Use the Alltrax XCT48400 with a 200a solenoid and 2g cable set for the best results.
XCT400PDS will give about 25-30% more power and 22-23 mph on stock height tires. More speed for taller tires.
Hi Scotty, I tried to order on your website but I can not find the controllers for my cart, could you possibly share a link? I appreciate your help and would like to support your business instead of amazon.
mhorton@investpub.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 08:19 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The 400/200 combo is option 2 in the drop down menu for item 5 here > https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/

Thanks for asking
Old 01-12-2022, 08:18 AM   #7
bald347
Not Yet Wild

I have a 2007 TXT PDS. It will drive ok for a minute then will barely move or quit all together. I'm troubleshooting it now. I'm thinking it might be the controller as well. Will this AllTrax XLT 48400-PDS and solenoid combo work on mine as well?
bald347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 11:06 AM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The Alltrax XCT controller for PDS works for all years PDS. Note the XCT48400 requires a 200 amp solenoid. The 500 amp control requires a 400 solenoid.

Tags
ezgo, pds
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO