lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-10-2022, 09:06 PM   #1
emptyhead
Not Yet Wild

Default 2003 TXT correct charging voltage?

Trying to find out some definitive info here regarding the correct voltage present on batteries during charging. I have a 2003 TXT 36v that was a basket case. Complete body off frame resto. Brand new batteries. Cart has been actually running really good, but the past 2 days it's been switching from full-speed, to half speed, to limp randomly. When I was charging my batteries yesterday, I checked the voltage at the batteries and to my surprise it was showing about 48.8 volts. I thought that something close to 49 volts on a 36 volt system was a little much. I could hear the batteries bubbling during charge too. Charger is a PowerWise 36V TEXTRON EzGo 36V charger. It hums like a bitch when its charging too.Took 9 hours to charge from 60%. Can anyone tell me what voltage I should be seeing at the batteries near a full charge with the charger connected?
I was thinking I should be seeing more like 44 or 45V max. Wondering if my charger is jacked up and it over charged my batteries and that's why its running like crap.
Any opinions or suggestions welcomed.
emptyhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-12-2022, 06:28 PM   #2
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2003 TXT correct charging voltage?

You are correct. Around 45 volts is cutoff for most 36 volt chargers.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 08:20 PM   #3
Motohead342
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2003 TXT correct charging voltage?

42-45v charging near the end of the cycle. Chargers cut off at around 45v. Static after charge your pack should be "around" 40v +/- 1v. The issue you describe sounds like the controller, BUT,... electricity is like water in that it flows to the path of least resistance. And connections can be an issue too. Check those FIRST! Cheap to fix connections, everything else escalates up from there.
Motohead342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO