lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-01-2022, 04:08 PM   #1
SiBTiger107
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default DS Motor running without pushing pedal

I completed the MCOR1 to MCOR4 conversion and now the solenoid clicks as soon as I put the cart in gear. Can’t get the wheels to stop turning even if I hit the brakes. Alltrax thinks it is a key wire or pedal issue? Please help!
SiBTiger107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-02-2022, 07:31 AM   #2
cjpenny89
Gone Wild

Default Re: DS Motor running without pushing pedal

Check your MCOR4 it sounds like it is giving the signal to go without having the pedal pushed. If I am not mistaken with pedal up it should read 5k ohms.
cjpenny89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 07:59 AM   #3
SiBTiger107
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjpenny89 View Post
Check your MCOR4 it sounds like it is giving the signal to go without having the pedal pushed. If I am not mistaken with pedal up it should read 5k ohms.
Thanks for the reply. Checked throttle output and it’s reading the 5K ohms so don’t think it’s the MCOR4
Old 06-02-2022, 08:43 AM   #4
cjpenny89
Gone Wild

OK nice at least you have one thing checked off the list. When you say put it in gear it takes off? What system do you have? Series or Regen cart? F&R lever or push button?
what controller do you have?
cjpenny89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 09:27 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The Alltrax may need the throttle input selection update. Simple to do using the free software. Count the green flashes when the controller powers up. This flash code indicates the current throttle setting. We need to know if this is a SR or XCT controller.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 01:26 PM   #6
SiBTiger107
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The Alltrax may need the throttle input selection update. Simple to do using the free software. Count the green flashes when the controller powers up. This flash code indicates the current throttle setting. We need to know if this is a SR or XCT controller.
SR48500. We did the throttle config but nothing worked. Also the cart was jerking really bad in pump mode so I’m trading in the controller for a new one. I’m scared that isn’t what is causing the solenoid to click and turn on when I put the cart in gear though
Old 06-02-2022, 03:48 PM   #7
SiBTiger107
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjpenny89 View Post
OK nice at least you have one thing checked off the list. When you say put it in gear it takes off? What system do you have? Series or Regen cart? F&R lever or push button?
what controller do you have?
Thanks for the reply. Series cart with F&R lever. When I turn the key and move the lever to F or R the wheels instantly start turning. It’s an alltrax SR 48500
Old 06-02-2022, 04:03 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The throttle in the cart is MCOR. The controller throttle selection should be Club Car/MCOR.

The software MONITOR page will show the throttle progress bar. IT should be 0 when the pedal is up.
If not the throttle graft can be modified to accommodate any odd input like a high low reading.
Can you post a sreen shot of the throttle page and the monitor page when the cart is put in gear
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 04:36 PM   #9
SiBTiger107
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
The throttle in the cart is MCOR. The controller throttle selection should be Club Car/MCOR.

The software MONITOR page will show the throttle progress bar. IT should be 0 when the pedal is up.
If not the throttle graft can be modified to accommodate any odd input like a high low reading.
Can you post a sreen shot of the throttle page and the monitor page when the cart is put in gear
Ok this is definitely not what the Alltrax main technician told me. He told me that since the cart was jerking in “pump throttle” he thought it was a bad controller and would replace it. Good to know I can modify they high low reading
Old 06-14-2022, 10:15 AM   #10
SiBTiger107
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:

I tried to attach two screenshots. Please let me know if it works. I’ve gone from a cart that just needed a little torque on the hills to not running at all
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 81023874-EE89-4AE1-8AA3-92EC3CF8F104.jpg (151.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg BF38C99D-A0B8-4DD3-92E8-4E2FA70935D5.jpg (214.4 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car