lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-05-2022, 10:52 AM   #21
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Lester summit 2 issues

It should turn on and start charging after the AC power is hooked up.

Only other thing I would try is disconnect the negative charge wire at the pack, plug AC power in, make sure the blue light is on, and then connect the negative to the pack.
If it still doesn't do anything, then it's DOA.

One thing I see in the pics, but it may just be the picture quality and lighting or lack-of, that thing looks kinda dirty/dusty, did it come in an original Lester Box? Kind of a heavy duty thick carboard box, Should have a label on one end with some random sales numbers and the Lester electrical address at the bottom. Covered in Fragile and Do not Drop stickers.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-05-2022, 08:22 PM   #22
Bmeudy
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
It should turn on and start charging after the AC power is hooked up.

Only other thing I would try is disconnect the negative charge wire at the pack, plug AC power in, make sure the blue light is on, and then connect the negative to the pack.
If it still doesn't do anything, then it's DOA.

One thing I see in the pics, but it may just be the picture quality and lighting or lack-of, that thing looks kinda dirty/dusty, did it come in an original Lester Box? Kind of a heavy duty thick carboard box, Should have a label on one end with some random sales numbers and the Lester electrical address at the bottom. Covered in Fragile and Do not Drop stickers.

You’re are seeing the same thing i have called out to the seller. Almost looks used. The box was cardboard and taped with red/white fragile tape but to me, the charger looks used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bmeudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 09:13 AM   #23
Bmeudy
Not Yet Wild

Some feedback here for this group. Stay away from WildAboutCarts. Can’t speak to a live person and now their tech support is “off” for the week. They’ve thrown this over the fence to Lester.

Old 06-06-2022, 09:27 AM   #24
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

These are not "shiny" to start with. The aluminum casting is usually dull, but it's an industrial made product. But it should be perfectly clean when it comes out of a new box. It shouldn't be covered in dirt or dust except maybe some fuzz from the foam they pack it in.

Never heard of Wild about carts, but I hope you can get some answers from them.
We like our site sponsors here, I've ordered several chargers from ScottyB's CartsUnlimited, and there are quite a few other sponsors who carry these as well.
https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/site-sponsors.php

If you do have to make a claim with Lester they are very good to deal with in my experience, and should get it sorted out for you.
Old 06-06-2022, 09:30 AM   #25
Bmeudy
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
These are not "shiny" to start with. The aluminum casting is usually dull, but it's an industrial made product. But it should be perfectly clean when it comes out of a new box. It shouldn't be covered in dirt or dust except maybe some fuzz from the foam they pack it in.

Never heard of Wild about carts, but I hope you can get some answers from them.
We like our site sponsors here, I've ordered several chargers from ScottyB's CartsUnlimited, and there are quite a few other sponsors who carry these as well.
https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/site-sponsors.php

If you do have to make a claim with Lester they are very good to deal with in my experience, and should get it sorted out for you.

Thanks for the feedback. Appreciate you and others attempting to help me troubleshoot this charger. Will provide updates as things change. Thanks again.

Old 06-06-2022, 09:55 AM   #26
Bmeudy
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmeudy View Post
Thanks for the feedback. Appreciate you and others attempting to help me troubleshoot this charger. Will provide updates as things change. Thanks again.

Talked to Lester. The charger I received from WildAboutCarts is from Oct 2020 and is DOA.

Old 06-06-2022, 11:37 AM   #27
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Wow, a year and a half sitting somewhere. Is Lester going to cover it under warranty for you? What about shipping costs?
Old 06-06-2022, 11:54 AM   #28
Bmeudy
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Wow, a year and a half sitting somewhere. Is Lester going to cover it under warranty for you? What about shipping costs?

Everything…

Top notch customer service to say the least.

Old 06-06-2022, 12:14 PM   #29
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Awesome sauce! Let us know when you get the new one hooked up.
Old 06-08-2022, 01:24 PM   #30
Bmeudy
Not Yet Wild

While I’m waiting on the new LS2 can someone confirm how to bypass the OBC? Again this will be wired onboard to the batteries directly, not the charger port. I believe I simply need to unplug the ObC duesch connector and connect the LS2 blue wire to the harness side blue wire. Can someone confirm if it’s as simple as that?

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car