lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-13-2022, 12:18 AM   #1
Geemonty
Not Yet Wild

Default Installed new Controller and everything else, cart still doesn't move.

My dad has an 02 DS CC. Couple years ago it was jerky off start he took it to get repaired. Repair shop said it was a bad motor but didn't work on motors.

My brother bought a new motor(D&D Motor Systems 170-501-0003) took it to another shop to get it installed. Still it didn't go. A new mcor (mcor 4 cci 105116301), OBC(101909902; 103403101) and solenoid(Albright sw80-2028P) was installed. Repair guy said it moved for a moment then he heard a loud pop in back. I am not sure the order in which the items were changed out in as my dad and brother were working on it then but ultimately he said he was done working on it.

I have since tested the solenoid, battery pack and the motor and they all work. I installed a new Alltrax XCT48300 controller yesterday and it didn't go. today I pulled all the wiring laid it out on a bench and tested all the wire runs. The wires to the tow switch weren't making good contact do to an extension so I cut it and soldered new wire to both. There was also a wire that had the insulation cut off and about half the strands were cut so I replaced that as well. All the wires were making good contact. I plugged everything up and no go. Solenoid never clicks. I am completely lost. I don't know where to go from here tbh. Should I check the tow/run switch maybe its not engaging properly? Is there a way I can bypass the MCOR maybe its not working? Should I test the OBC on my brothers CC to see if that is good, should I test the MCOR this way too? I'm lost.
Geemonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-13-2022, 04:31 AM   #2
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Installed new Controller and everything else, cart still doesn't move.

Download the Alltrax Toolkit software from their site. Install on a laptop and connect it to the controller with a usb a/b (printer style) cable. You'll be able to diagnose what's going on with all the controller inputs.

Is the controller prepaired with the correct field map for your motor?
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 05:38 AM   #3
Geemonty
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Installed new Controller and everything else, cart still doesn't move.

Ok i'll try the alltrax software, not sure about the map would assume so
Old 06-13-2022, 06:53 AM   #4
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

8.3. Upgrading XCT Field Maps (Custom Motors)
The Field Maps used for the new XCT are significantly different than the ones used for the DCX line of
controllers.
The DCX controllers use a .HEX while the XCT controllers use a .txt file. Do not attempt to load .HEX files
into an XCT controller.
Directions for Upgrading Field Map:
Push the ‘Load from File’ button
located under the Setting Functions of the
Controller Settings tab. When prompted
select the proper field for your motor. If
you do not already have the field map for
your specific motor, contact Alltrax Tech
Support and they can supply it.
Once the new Field Map is loaded, it will
Show in the ‘Field Map Loaded’ section of
Controller Settings window.
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 06:29 PM   #5
Geemonty
Not Yet Wild

It's running! The alltrax support emailed me the field map but that wasn't exactly the problem. The controller had a setting which made it think the battery charger was connected so it wouldn't run. But it's working now!

Now to figure out why the battery charger won't work
Old 06-14-2022, 07:27 AM   #6
patriot07
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geemonty View Post
It's running! The alltrax support emailed me the field map but that wasn't exactly the problem. The controller had a setting which made it think the battery charger was connected so it wouldn't run. But it's working now!

Now to figure out why the battery charger won't work
Did you figure out what the original issue was? My cart is doing the same as yours was originally - really jerky at startup. Was the motor the issue? Did that ever get replaced?
patriot07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 12:16 AM   #7
Geemonty
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot07 View Post
Did you figure out what the original issue was? My cart is doing the same as yours was originally - really jerky at startup. Was the motor the issue? Did that ever get replaced?
Jerky off the start? Not sure so much was replaced and I wasn't working on it then. I do think that's an mcor/potentiometer issue though based on what little I learned from all this. Try posting and maybe someone will help you out. I didn't have to do it but IIRC there was a specific test for the potentiometer.

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=47879

If your issue is similar this post might help.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car