lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-13-2022, 03:55 PM   #1
Luke Duke
Getting Wild

Default Seat Foam Replacement

Does anyone have a source that will sell me just the stock front bottom piece of foam? I don’t need the seat cover.

Or does anyone have a link to a similar density piece of foam that I can cut to fit? Like this:

AK TRADING CO. AK-Trading Upholstery Medium Density 4" Height x 24" Width x 72" Length-Home or Commercial Use Seat Replacement Cushion-Made in USA Foam https://a.co/cayg5Lb
Luke Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-13-2022, 04:04 PM   #2
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Seat Foam Replacement

Joanne fabrics sell a variety of sizes of foam and you can easily cut and shape it to size with an electric kitchen carving knife.
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 04:11 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

That looks pretty good. I used to buy it at Joanns fabric and crafts. I would get bulk marine vinyl there too. GL with the project.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 04:16 PM   #4
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

I might add, check with your wife or look on the interweb for a discount coupon, they have them all the time.
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 04:17 PM   #5
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

And any marine or upholstery shop would be able to help you as well. They’d have a bit higher quality foam that’s a bit more dense. I’ve found most the foam at hobby lobby or Joanne’s to be a little too porous and airy so it squishes too easily. Works fine for seat backs but not so much for the butt.

The stuff on Amazon you linked would be worth a shot as well. Definitely get the higher density. An electric knife works great for trimming it smoothly as well.

If you want a free option, try and find a free used couch either on craigslist or on the side of the road. That foam in couch bottom cushions usually works nicely as well, it’s a great density
CP241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 05:08 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
And any marine or upholstery shop would be able to help you as well. They’d have a bit higher quality foam that’s a bit more dense. I’ve found most the foam at hobby lobby or Joanne’s to be a little too porous and airy so it squishes too easily. Works fine for seat backs but not so much for the butt.

The stuff on Amazon you linked would be worth a shot as well. Definitely get the higher density. An electric knife works great for trimming it smoothly as well.

If you want a free option, try and find a free used couch either on craigslist or on the side of the road. That foam in couch bottom cushions usually works nicely as well, it’s a great density
SUre the old couch foam works well is you don't mind the strange smells and itching.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 08:31 PM   #7
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

That’s all part of the fun!

Really, I’ve done it with an old couch we were going to throw out. Worked very well. Never tried someone else’s couch before, but I guess it would be covered and sealed pretty well between plywood and vinyl. And I’m sure it can’t be any nastier than some of the actual foam I’ve seen from golf cart seats left out in the elements with torn up covers. Seen some nasty ones
CP241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 03:47 PM   #8
Summerwood
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I’ve used foam from Walmart, worked great. Also using the wife’s electric knife slices/cuts it like butter!!!
Summerwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car