lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-04-2022, 01:37 PM   #11
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Cart leaning from driver side shackle???

I seem to have heard this problem occurs primarily on Precedents. The aftermarket leaf spring manufacturers come up with a generic, one size fits most, scenario.

I think it is just a matter of a few eighths of an inch longer that causes the problem.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-04-2022, 06:01 PM   #12
Mcheil83
Not Yet Wild

Still curious as to why only the driver side is buckled and not the passenger side as well as I drive it all last camping season an almost this whole camping season?? Me an my neighbor just took some measurements from the axle to the rear of the springs and both side measured the same so nothing shifted on me..
Mcheil83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 09:39 PM   #13
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

If you read the posts that detailed this phenomenon, you'll find it is fairly common with some aftermarket springs.

Are your springs original Club Car as far as you know? What lift did you do in the rear? You could try longer shackles.

The two posts that I linked are just two of many. Others may have more detailed info. Do an advanced search here and reference "rear leaf springs" under the Club Car section.

This other thread was linked inside one of the other two. Revolution Golf Cars can get you what you need to fix it.

https://buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=128172

Here is a description of what your cart has in the way of shackles. They were changed in 2014, actually late 2013. So yours could have either one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2014 Precedent Shackle Change.jpg (72.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-04-2022, 10:09 PM   #14
Mcheil83
Not Yet Wild

I looked my vin up and it’s actually a 2014 Club Car Precedent. I really thought it was a 2013 I was definitely wrong. As far as the lift kit I did a 3” RHOX lift with heavy duty springs in the rear. My neighbor who helped me measure everything has these shackles although his car is a couple years older. (see pic) should I upgrade to these ones???
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg B0CA8752-B20F-4FFF-9093-68D2A80C0F48.jpeg (69.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-05-2022, 09:45 AM   #15
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcheil83 View Post
I looked my vin up and it’s actually a 2014 Club Car Precedent. I really thought it was a 2013 I was definitely wrong. As far as the lift kit I did a 3” RHOX lift with heavy duty springs in the rear. My neighbor who helped me measure everything has these shackles although his car is a couple years older. (see pic) should I upgrade to these ones???
I'm not sure about that, or if it will make a difference. The newer style like yours uses a cast shackle support along with standard shackles. I guess it might be worth a try.

From what I read, the aftermarket springs on your cart are only 1/4" too long. It is hard to believe 1/4" can make this happen but it does.

Longer or shorter shackles might be enough to prevent this. If it were mine, I would drill holes in the shackles about 1" from the existing holes at one end and remount the spring to the new holes. If this works, shorter shackles may be the answer. If not, make some longer ones

I was hoping someone who experienced this personally would jump in here with their recommendation. Do you still have the shocks installed? Do you have shock extensions on them to account for the lift? Some remove them.
Old 09-05-2022, 10:21 AM   #16
ls1chris
Getting Wild

Those looks like a spring with heavy arc , and the geometry of arc has been exceeded and in a bind position. I would change the springs out these are the dual action heavy duty I installed for comparison , 2010 cc precedent
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5E992CD2-A174-4EA7-8E50-DA1EA6580765.jpg (206.8 KB, 0 views)
ls1chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 10:35 AM   #17
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1chris View Post
Those looks like a spring with heavy arc , and the geometry of arc has been exceeded and in a bind position. I would change the springs out these are the dual action heavy duty I installed for comparison , 2010 cc precedent
Exactly what is happening! Maybe the only fix available.
Old 09-05-2022, 10:43 AM   #18
ls1chris
Getting Wild

I should have added these, this is the brand and part number , around $150.00
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1A956BE6-3B67-4F77-A44E-121A6C193849.jpg (116.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 11BF18C5-36F1-4828-BD78-D04059E9C8DB.jpg (175.9 KB, 0 views)
ls1chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 10:53 AM   #19
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Swap the springs from left to right and see if the problem moves with the spring. Also a good time to have a good look at all bushings front and rear of springs. SOMETHING is different between left and right. While you have both springs off, lay them side by side on a flat surface and compare arc and length. Also compare the center mount pin for same location. There's a difference there somewhere. Find it.
sthreatt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 08:08 PM   #20
Mcheil83
Not Yet Wild

Sorry it’s been awhile but I was able to get time to reevaluate and measured he spring and they were different by a 1/4”. I just ordered new springs an will check measurements as well as them having the same arch. Thanks everyone for all the reply’s. MATT
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car