lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-23-2022, 07:27 PM   #11
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: No Spark CCW fe290

They do. In the meantime it won’t hurt anything to run it without it, as long as your governor is working correctly. If you have stock size tires keep it under 18-19mph as that’s usually when the rev limiter starts to kick in and you’ll be fine until you can find one
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-25-2022, 08:46 PM   #12
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
They do. In the meantime it won’t hurt anything to run it without it, as long as your governor is working correctly. If you have stock size tires keep it under 18-19mph as that’s usually when the rev limiter starts to kick in and you’ll be fine until you can find one
Hopefully I can get one ordered tomorrow. Put everything else on (as i don't want to completely install the body until i replace the rev limiter so I can reach it) and set the body on. Once I got some fuel into the pump it was primed and cart started right up.

However it seems someone messed with this one so that it idles full time, and only shuts off with the key. I remember seeing guys post about doing this but I am not sure how its done so I need to research that so I can reverse that mod
nwocart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 09:12 PM   #13
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I would check the wiring diagram and make sure everything is wired correctly and nothing is bypassed
Old 09-28-2022, 10:00 AM   #14
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:

Revolution told me OEM no longer available, went with the Rhox Rev limiter that was available from him.

Put it on last night and everything works as it should.

Hopefully the Rhox carb works as well

Noticed cart still wants to stay running sometimes but not as often when drivetrain is back together with all belts on. Going to check the wiring and then run it a little bit to make sure its not some kind of odd bug since its been sitting
Old 09-28-2022, 10:24 AM   #15
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Make sure the cam in the black box is moving all the way to release the microswitches inside the black box. And make sure the carb throttle plate closes ALL the way when you release the pedal
Old 09-28-2022, 10:29 AM   #16
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Make sure the cam in the black box is moving all the way to release the microswitches inside the black box. And make sure the carb throttle plate closes ALL the way when you release the pedal
the cam is the pie shaped piece with the notches in it right?

is the throttle plate the pivoting piece on top of the carb?

thanks
Old 09-28-2022, 10:49 AM   #17
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Correct and correct. You’ll see how when you press the pedal the 2 microswitches “drop” into the round part of the pie and when you release the pedal they jump onto the “shelf” at the edge of the pie. Make sure when you release the pedal they are on that “shelf”.

You should set the pedal and everything as follows

When you depress the pedal, the pedal moves about an inch before the microswitches click in the black box. Then press the pedal another half inch before the throttle plate begins to move.
Old 09-30-2022, 07:22 AM   #18
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Correct and correct. You’ll see how when you press the pedal the 2 microswitches “drop” into the round part of the pie and when you release the pedal they jump onto the “shelf” at the edge of the pie. Make sure when you release the pedal they are on that “shelf”.

You should set the pedal and everything as follows

When you depress the pedal, the pedal moves about an inch before the microswitches click in the black box. Then press the pedal another half inch before the throttle plate begins to move.

both of those seem to be set correctly/engaging correctly.

I moved the cart yesterday and realized it is only the starter generator that continues to spin. I thought the motor was trying to start but its really just turning the clutch so its clanging, but its only the starter turning for a couple seconds after you let off the pedal

Not sure if that would help anyone with a diagnosis or not but thats whats happening
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car