lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-04-2010, 10:24 AM   #1
Hog Farmer
Not Yet Wild

Default Club car keeps running

I have a 1994 gas club car and when I release the accelerator it keeps running, sometimes I can pull back on the accelerator and it will stop, but not all the time. I have adjusted the linkage and it still does it, any suggestions??
Hog Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-04-2010, 10:35 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Club car keeps running

If the linkage is working properly then maybe the solenoid is sticking or the kill micro switch is not working all the time ...

WELCOME TO BGW
HAPPY EASTER !!!!!!
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 03:44 PM   #3
Land Owner
Gone Wild

Club Car

Had this problem yesterday - or one similar. Dieseling, or so it seemed. Engine would not shut off - at all. Key off = nope. In gear = nope. Continuously on.

There is a plug type wire connection, right hand side of the motor, low to ground as you face forward, that came loose from "Baha'ing" across tilled fields.

Remaking that connection solved the problem for me. Yours might just be loose as that is how mine started. Be sure your connections are made tightly.
Land Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 01:51 PM   #4
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog Farmer View Post
I have a 1994 gas club car and when I release the accelerator it keeps running, sometimes I can pull back on the accelerator and it will stop, but not all the time. I have adjusted the linkage and it still does it, any suggestions??
There is a black box under the seat on the drivers side.
remove the top and make sure the micro switches are adjusted and working properly.
The top one is the one causing problems, that energizes the start/run solenoid and is not dropping into the notch in the plastic cam which breaks the circuit.
The bottom one is the grounding micro and kills the spark when you let off the pedal.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 07:00 AM   #5
Hog Farmer
Not Yet Wild

Ok, I have checked all the above mentioned, after further hair pulling, and l don't have much of that left, It seems to do it more often after I have ran it for about 30 minutes, still does not do it all the time. I did notice that once it finally stopped on it's own it took longer to restart and I get a very good smell of gas. Thanks to all of your posts I sure do appreciate you taken your time to help me with my problem, you guys are great and so is the site!!
Hog Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 11:49 AM   #6
Yankees25
Not Yet Wild

Hello All,
I been reading all the past post reference to this issue.
I have the similar problem, but wanted to provide more details so as maybe someone could help direct any other possibilities
This ONLY happens after the engine is good and warm, so if u crank up the very first time. and quickly turned of by release of gas pedal then engine would react normal with it's normal cut off. However if you let it get warm or hot after riding several minuets. when you release the pedal it's trying to shut down. it sounds like someone coughing, like a car that I once had turn off and the timing was off so it keep trying to run, sometimes it would backfire when it finally shut off. If like other posted if you mash the gas pedal sometimes it helps make it stop. Even if you turn off the keep still continues. I have changed to where the engine would stay running after releasing the pedal which could off be turned off with the key, and still the engine reacts the same.. IT's as if there still gas in the carburetor and it needs to burn it off before it quits . Check all gas cables, replaced them with new, I even asked local repairs shops and they are still scratching there heads. When it's running runs great, doesn't starve for fuel, and all if great. so HELP and advice needed. Thanks I have NOT done the check to see if the carb is sticking, I have replaced new solenoid. plug, and micro switches.
Yankees25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 12:56 PM   #7
mrlmd
Gone Wild

Mine did that too, I could pull back the gas pedal and then it would shut off. I replaced the microswitches and that fixed it but I really preferred it the other way. It kept running at a really slow idle when I stopped and would shut off with the key switch, so when that started up again I left it that way. The slow idle is very smooth, the engine doesn't heat up and it's probably much less wear and teat on the starter and the belt to have it that way.
mrlmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 04:35 PM   #8
DannyAbear
Gone Wild

Club Car

I had similar problem with mine, idle was set too high and when turning key off, the engine was 'dieseling'
DannyAbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 05:12 PM   #9
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlmd View Post
Mine did that too, I could pull back the gas pedal and then it would shut off. I replaced the microswitches and that fixed it but I really preferred it the other way. It kept running at a really slow idle when I stopped and would shut off with the key switch, so when that started up again I left it that way. The slow idle is very smooth, the engine doesn't heat up and it's probably much less wear and teat on the starter and the belt to have it that way.
Be aware that "slow idle"may not be what you think. If the engine stops running but the starter continues cranking the engine will indeed keep turning at a slow steady rate... Till the battery goes dead.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 05:49 PM   #10
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by meimk View Post
Be aware that "slow idle"may not be what you think. If the engine stops running but the starter continues cranking the engine will indeed keep turning at a slow steady rate... Till the battery goes dead.
I was wondering the same thing. Could be doing that.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car