lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-21-2012, 07:08 AM   #761
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2002 PDS SRT-8 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonkulor View Post
Per the EULA your not supposed to sponsor vendors directly through links if they are not a site sponsor. Which is different than posting a link of an XYZ product and saying "Look what I found, what do you think"? I think that is the simplest explanation I believe I would be in violation if I were selling stuff on my personal site linked in my sig, and not being a site sponsor.
Thanks. I've tried to never mention the "other" forum, or any non-sponsor competitors.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-21-2012, 08:40 AM   #762
SilverBack4Jack
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonkulor View Post
Per the EULA your not supposed to sponsor vendors directly through links if they are not a site sponsor. Which is different than posting a link of an XYZ product and saying "Look what I found, what do you think"? I think that is the simplest explanation
I understand we are suppose to follow the rules but what I dont understand is the example given. If we tell someone we bought something from this site and its a hyperlink and that site is not a vendor we get banned but, we ask a question about a product sold on another site and provide a hyperlink to get an opinion from our forum friends and the site from the hyperlink is not a vendor its ok? Is this correct? Maybe because someone on the forum can say check this vendor cause he has that too. I am not trying to stir anything up I just wanna make sure that I understand it.
SilverBack4Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:47 AM   #763
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Just to clarify things a little, This site was started because of just this issue. Another site would not allow any type of competitors links even if they didn't sell the parts.
The guys who started BGW wanted to be able to pass or share the most information to others regardless of where it came from.
While there is not a problem with posting most other links, we do highly recommend our site sponsors first and over anyone else because they do support this site and help keep us running.
Most also are very willing to offer above normal tech support.

The issue here is a person blatantly started pushing a link to a site that he knows is not well liked here because said person got his hand slapped for another reason, he went all spoiled brat on us and this is the result.
The use of "adult" common sense goes along way and as always, never feel you can't ask if you have a question.

Now lets get back to what we like doing and let the Mods and Admin do their thing.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 09:06 AM   #764
SilverBack4Jack
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Gotcha! Makes sense now.
SilverBack4Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 10:13 AM   #765
Offtwice
Member 23082

Club Car

I am very disappointed. Colt is a great young man..............there was no other way to handle this?
Offtwice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 12:13 PM   #766
azboo
Super Moderator

Club Car

As a moderator and keeping this professional the simple answer is:

No, he wasn't. Other ways were tried. This is not our first experience with someone using this forum in this manner. 50,000 members strong says we must be doing most things right.

Thank you and have a nice day.
azboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 12:15 PM   #767
wrongway
Gone Crazy

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash12888 View Post
Just to clarify things a little, This site was started because of just this issue. Another site would not allow any type of competitors links even if they didn't sell the parts.
The guys who started BGW wanted to be able to pass or share the most information to others regardless of where it came from.
While there is not a problem with posting most other links, we do highly recommend our site sponsors first and over anyone else because they do support this site and help keep us running.
Most also are very willing to offer above normal tech support.

The issue here is a person blatantly started pushing a link to a site that he knows is not well liked here because said person got his hand slapped for another reason, he went all spoiled brat on us and this is the result.
The use of "adult" common sense goes along way and as always, never feel you can't ask if you have a question.

Now lets get back to what we like doing and let the Mods and Admin do their thing.
I have really enjoyed this site...just wondering who are the Mods and Admin here?
wrongway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 12:26 PM   #768
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Without giving names and street addresses I can tell you the owners are a small group of guys who felt a need for a site dedicated to golf cart modification independent from any company owned store.
The moderators are the owners and a select few who have the forums integrity and original goal foremost in their minds.
All the work that has gone into building and maintaining this 50,000 member strong forum has been voluntary.
If you are enjoying this forum then you owe these people a thank you and some respect.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 12:49 PM   #769
wrongway
Gone Crazy

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Without giving names and street addresses I can tell you the owners are a small group of guys who felt a need for a site dedicated to golf cart modification independent from any company owned store.
The moderators are the owners and a select few who have the forums integrity and original goal foremost in their minds.
All the work that has gone into building and maintaining this 50,000 member strong forum has been voluntary.
If you are enjoying this forum then you owe these people a thank you and some respect.
Scotty, I agree. Thanks Guys!! I was just wondering who the group was. I had a problem with my thread and didn't know what to do. There is no help button or contact link that I could find. After several weeks. I saw some one handle an issue and post publicly, that had "Admin/Moderator" under their name. I sent a PM amd my problem was taken care of quick. Just wondering why the Admins/Moderators aren't general public knowledge so we know who to turn to or who we are dealing with.?
wrongway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 01:33 PM   #770
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongway View Post
Scotty, I agree. Thanks Guys!! I was just wondering who the group was. I had a problem with my thread and didn't know what to do. There is no help button or contact link that I could find. After several weeks. I saw some one handle an issue and post publicly, that had "Admin/Moderator" under their name. I sent a PM amd my problem was taken care of quick. Just wondering why the Admins/Moderators aren't general public knowledge so we know who to turn to or who we are dealing with.?

You can report anything in any post, just click on the -- report a post triangle, and you can report anything to a --- mod or admin -- and it will be taken care of
Attached Images
File Type: jpg report 1.jpg (91.3 KB, 16 views)
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO