lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-14-2011, 12:07 PM   #11
rib33024

Default Re: Fresh top end ,still no power SOS

Well this info would have been good in your first post, your are going to have to take it a part and get a new/right piston and rings, and no this is not the way they should go together, NO filing and NO putting the rings on with a hammer, the wrist pin should slide right in the piston, and the rings should slide on very easy, and move in and out on the piston easy, and you will be lucky if the cylinder is in good shape, let us know what you find,
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-14-2011, 12:57 PM   #12
steelhorse79
Not Yet Wild

Sorry about that, Dave mentioned a comp test first but I could not get to it untill this morning. The piston was right ( year and model anyway)just a horrible casting, I wish I took a picture of the inside you would not believe what it looked like, I just figured cheap crap from china and was over anxious to get it together. I always used Wisco pistons for my dirt bikes with no problems. I will not order from that company again do you have a recommendation of a reliable company to order from? My 2 kids are constantly asking when I will take them for a ride.
steelhorse79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 01:25 PM   #13
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Well all is not lost (yet). You need to pull it all apart again and inspect the cylinder. I would suspect that you broke a ring with the mallet. If you have not scarred the cylinder then maybe all you need is two new rings. However if it is fubar then I suggest anywhere but BU. I also suggest that you invest a few dollars in a ring compressor. My favorite sponsor was Everything Carts as they gave great service, however I understand that they too have been bought up by the parent of BU and moved to Jacksonville. Such is life.

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:40 PM   #14
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

as dave said, if you had the rings properly lined up with their alignment pins. it should slip right in.. i don't use a compressor on these rings, just a different insertion method than what the factory book shows. have found it easier to turn the jug upside down on the bench and then holding one ring at a time slip the piston down the bore until just the wrist pin is just exposed. then you flip it over and lower it down over the rod till the pin slides in. a little heavy to handle, but easy to do. that,s just me.
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 05:28 PM   #15
steelhorse79
Not Yet Wild

That is how I did it madoc1 , the rings just didnt seem to fit well in the piston groove (centered on pin) the small rubber mallot was to coax the piston into the cylinder. I agree I should have not needed the coaxing but got impatient.I think the rings were wrong from the start and I should have know better. I dont think they are broken just stuck in the piston grove. I wish I took an end gap reading before I installed them, that would have told me alot. Oh well, I will tear it apart again.
steelhorse79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 06:30 AM   #16
racin161
Gone Wild

madoc is correct this is also how I loaded my cyl. but also be aware Install the piston as close to the running position as possible so you don't have to rotate it in the cyl.which also can cause damage to the rings. Just a heads up.Instead of assy lube just use a little 2 cyl. oil on the piston and lightly in the cyl. By the way at the first try on mine the rings also seemed a little tight but I checked the ring groves and found a small piece of the machine aluminum left in the grove even after everything was cleaned.I took one of the old rings and used it as a ring grove cleaner washed it again and installed the ring with no problems. NO HAMMER !!!!! Good Luck.
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO