lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-06-2011, 08:38 PM   #1
KFX700#319
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Question G9 shutting off under load

Hi guys got a problem with my g9 ran great all summer untill towards the end here....it seems like it is not getting enough gas when under load... It will run for a while if only give it 1/4 throttle then it shuts down....if i pull choke on it willstart and repeat the same thing....going down hill it runs fine...but as soon as i get on any type of grade oe even flat surface it does it...i have drained gas tank cleaned carb cleaned and made sure air box is sealed tight...took fuel pump apart looks clean in there...i replaced spark plug....i am completly lost here.. Any help would be greatly appreciated.....has 180 psi compression same as has been since i put engine in it... Any suggestions? Thanks
KFX700#319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-07-2011, 11:06 AM   #2
KFX700#319
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G9 shutting off under load

Any suggestions????
Old 12-07-2011, 04:32 PM   #3
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Pull the line off the carb and crank it over, it should spurt out each revolution of the engine just cranking. If not then check all the lines supplying the pulse to the pump they can crack. Clean that little valve on the cylinder make sure you get it back in the right way, in the rubber boot in the line. After that it would be the pump itself or the tank filter, G9 is in the bottom of the tank and pretty large. You can take the cap loose to see if the tank is not vented but that usually takes some run time for the tank to build vacuum with no vent.

The lines cracking are the most common issue here.
sho305 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 06:57 PM   #4
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

The first test-unhook the hose (at the carb) to the airbox and run the car. Is it better? If so air box sealing problem, if not, could be the intake manifold or gaskets are damaged. Just a suggestion.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:08 AM   #5
KFX700#319
Getting Wild

Yamaha

I bought a new fuelpump hoping that is the problem.....i unhooked hose from carb and turned it over very little gas came out and not on every revolution...hose are all good i am thinking the inside of the pump is worn out? What valve on the cylender are you talking about to take off and clean? Do you got a pic...gonna put pump on here in a lil while will post what i find..thanks for the help
Old 12-10-2011, 02:56 PM   #6
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

The hose for the pulse goes out the pump to engine, it tees off down to the block and up to that valve.
sho305 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 03:20 PM   #7
KFX700#319
Getting Wild

Yamaha

well i put the new fuel pump on ....it is running a little better i have checked all the hose and everything.....i am about to give up and take it to the stealership.....i really hate to do that but i can not figure it out and i am getting really frustrated with it... thanks for the suggestions if ne one has any other one please let me know.. thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha