lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-27-2012, 10:27 AM   #1
fishb8
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 1 New battery, how to charge

I installed all new batteries a month or so ago. Well one of them got a crack and started to leak. I now have another new battery to replace the bad one.
So the question is, do I just put in and charge the pack? Or charge it separately then add it to the pack?

fishb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-27-2012, 10:44 AM   #2
golfcart2
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1 New battery, how to charge

The same thing happened to me and I had the replace a battery as well. I just put it in with the rest of the batteries and charged the cart again. It worked fine for me!
golfcart2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:24 AM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1 New battery, how to charge

Ideally, it should be within 0.1V, or so, of the rest of the batteries in the pack, but with just one battery being replaced, that might be difficult to accomplish.

After installing it, I'd charge the pack two or three times without discharging to equalize the pack and then do the new battery break-in routine again to get the new battery's storage capacity on par with the older new ones.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO