lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-19-2013, 05:02 PM   #1
Igoinn
Not Yet Wild

Default Starts hard / sluggish

Hi there, this is my first post, hope I do it right. My 2001 Gas ez go started starting hard, and if it didn't start within the first couple of revolutions, forget it for a while, i think it floods, put new plugs in and it would start, when it ran good, I just put the choke on hit the peddle and it would start right up, all the time. So what I did: put new plugs in. Ran great again for about a week. Then back to starting hard. Next took the air cleaner off looked a little wet inside, cleaned the inside and put new air filter in. Checked compression: 160 on passenger side 150 on drivers side. I don't think it's the pistons or rings. I read about the ez go having problems with valve clearances, any ideas? I gusses I will clean the carb next. What is the best plugs to run? Before I regestered to the site I have read other post, and found many great answers. This is a great site, Any words of wisdom greatly appreciated! Thank you, Henry.

Last edited by Igoinn; 03-19-2013 at 05:06 PM.. Reason: Forgot to ask question
Igoinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO