lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-14-2013, 11:56 AM   #1
cullumj1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Help with new project!!!!!

I had an ezgo that i rebuilt and sold not long ago. I found a stock 03 DS with the FE290 in it. I am looking to make it faster. I have adjusted the cable in the fuse block already and put a performance spring in the clutch. Should i re gear it? if so how??? what do i buy??? any help would be greatful.
cullumj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-14-2013, 01:08 PM   #2
cullumj1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Help with new project!!!!!

no help at all????
Old 10-14-2013, 01:42 PM   #3
crash test dummy

give it time .. barely 1 hr between posts ..
Old 10-14-2013, 05:28 PM   #4
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

how fast you trying to go???
at best with tires, an ajustment here and ajusment there......you might get 30mph........
gears to me seem pointless..... unless you are gonna change the motor out for a BB......
but you can safely tune these things to like 20 to 25 mph.....without hurting the motor......
i wouldnt do the gears....290 just does not have enough ***......in my opinion

hope this helps....
ProjectClubCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 07:50 AM   #5
cullumj1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

What comes with safetly tuneing?? I put the allsport 6" a-arm lift with 22" tires. Mine is nowhere near 25mph.... 25 would be great!
Old 10-15-2013, 08:28 AM   #6
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

with you running 22" tires, more like 20 to 22mph......
i run 25" tires, and can hit 32 mph in short burst, 1/4 mile or less..... on a stock 290...
tell me what have you done to the cart so far??? and we will go from there,
just for the record, you should buy some kind of tach, so you can keep an eye on your rpms, has seen mine turn as high as 4500 rpms, wich is pop your motor MODE!!!!!!! at 4000 rpms i run 32mph....wich is getting close to the borderline.
with that said, we will go from there
Old 10-15-2013, 08:38 AM   #7
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

have you done this yet???
disconnect the brown wire from the rev limiter, located to the left of the oil filter, its a black box with 2 wires, after you pull the brown wire tape it up and set it out of the way.....

now take it for a ride, use your phone for gps, that alone should get you near 20mph........
Old 10-16-2013, 11:07 AM   #8
cullumj1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Im not sure if it has been done or not??? The person before me had messed with it a little because of the tie wraps applied to the spring on the throttle rob or whatever.... the only thing i have done is put the red performance spring in the driven clutch.....I dont have a tach so im not sure if i want to ruin the motor....
Old 10-16-2013, 11:16 AM   #9
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

smart man......that is good thinking, take a look a the rev limiter and see if is connected, and go ahead and disconnect the brown wire......take it for a ride......see what you think, then after that if you still want more speed, will post how to adjust the governor........

a mini-tach is just 49 bucks...... to me 1 of the best add-ons for a gasser you can buy, cheap price to keep an eye on a motor, plus it helps ya dial it in......

Last edited by ProjectClubCar; 10-16-2013 at 11:23 AM.. Reason: cant spell texas education
Old 10-16-2013, 12:13 PM   #10
BlackBerryHill
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectClubCar View Post
smart man......that is good thinking, take a look a the rev limiter and see if is connected, and go ahead and disconnect the brown wire......take it for a ride......see what you think, then after that if you still want more speed, will post how to adjust the governor........

a mini-tach is just 49 bucks...... to me 1 of the best add-ons for a gasser you can buy, cheap price to keep an eye on a motor, plus it helps ya dial it in......
A lot of people say they see no need for a tach. I installed one to monitor my BB (18HP V-Twin from CPP). One of the best investments I made, especially with my new engine. I installed a rev-kit and high compression head gaskets, so I always want to know what my motor is doing. You can tell a lot about what the motor is doing just by watching the tach.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Random Pics 063.jpg (205.4 KB, 0 views)
BlackBerryHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car