lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-25-2014, 07:42 AM   #11
kev2504
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 2013 Yamaha PTV factory option speed kit

My head is spinning, but I get it
kev2504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-25-2014, 07:12 PM   #12
pat5000
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Yamaha resent the speed code to the dealer. Added new sticker to controller, set setting to "A" and now it appears the cart might be going 1 mph less than it was, but the Regen braking works a lot better. For some reason I had to really encourage the tech to enter the "A" setting. He claimed that it would throw me thru the windshield haha? Regen now works exactly what I envisioned regen braking should do, and it actually slows you down. The Tech first entered 6 different speed setting and all were slower to much slower than my original 16-17mph I was getting with a gps. The last 3 settings I kept asking him to enter "A" and kept observing him entering something different and he would ask me to test drive it. All were slower until I got the "A". What can we do to get the 19 mph if anything? Lose 100 pounds? Are there any more settings besides the "A" that need to be set like maybe a % setting somewhere. Batteries were fully charged. I also have replaced the wires between the batteries with oversized wires. The original installed wires are between the battery and the controller and the controller and the motor. Thanks for your help.
pat5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:09 AM   #13
djo
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

What are the different settings? What does the factory say that "A" is supposed to do, "B", etc?
djo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:21 AM   #14
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by djo View Post
What are the different settings? What does the factory say that "A" is supposed to do, "B", etc?
See post number 4 in this thread. In the chart, selecting a higher block (closest to top) gets incrementally more regen, selecting a block further to the left gets incrementally more speed. All blocks represented by a letter are 19mph settings with more or less regen. There are no other settings available to the dealers to adjust.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:24 AM   #15
cgtech

Yamaha

Talk to your dealer about checking about "technical bulletin GC-2012-10A" 2010-2012.5 in a specific SN range got a recall related to lowerd top speeds.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:07 PM   #16
djo
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks cgtech.

Does the higher regen have any effect on torque? When driving, can someone feel the difference of higher or lower regen? Will it change the speed when coming down an incline, kind of like a top speed governor.

I'm trying to figure out the best setting for my driving. If I have to sacrifice regen, but can get more speed than 19mph when going downhill, I'm all for it. Maybe it will make up for the lack of torque climbing hills.
djo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 09:53 PM   #17
cgtech

Yamaha

Regen is the controller trying to use the motor to slow the cart as soon as the gas is released. No matter what setting is used, regen will try to slow the cart down if it exceeds the speed represented by its current speed setting.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha