lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-05-2014, 05:08 PM   #1
hugger6933
Getting Wild

Default Where is the dang inline fuse?

and what does it have to do with the pulsar? I am so busy in my body shop that I need to get some trucks done and this stupid cart has no fire. I replaced the coil in a hurry just checking it and saw that I had fire to the pos side well I didn't check for pulse until I got the new coil on. I have fire all the time on both sides I unhooked the connecter at the plug and put my DVOM prongs in there and get a reading of 0.00 volts when cranking and 0.00 ohms res. so I call the cart shop that is about 60 miles away and ask the guy how much the pulsar would cost to put in a 92 Marathon. He said so that is a 2 stroke. I said no it is a 2 cylinder Robbins 4 stroke. He said the pulsar is not bad it is the fuse. Have you checked the inline fuse? Well I have a spot where it looked like one used to be on the solenoid but not for sure didn't find one anywhere else. He said it has to be the fuse pulsars don't go bad. well with a 0.00 volt reading that is not what the service manual says? so anyone can help me get this off my mind so I can go on with my life? Thanks Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-05-2014, 05:14 PM   #2
hugger6933
Getting Wild

Default Re: Where is the dang inline fuse?

I have been working on cars and stuff for 35 years now and have owned my own shop since 1987. If I ever talked to a customer like a retarded monkey like he did I sure would fall on my knees and beg for forgiveness. Weather they acted like one or not is beside the point they don't deserve to be treated like one, and I feel I sure didn't. That little conversation about a couple hundred dollar shop job, may have cost him two cart sales. Wife and I both are about ready for new. Jim
Old 05-05-2014, 06:00 PM   #3
crash test dummy

93 ezgo

Old 05-05-2014, 07:21 PM   #4
hugger6933
Getting Wild

Well the jerk at the cart shop said the inline fuse was blown the reason why my cart wouldn't run. My inline has been taken out I remember seeing one end either from the key sw or the micro sw on the directional sw but it is at the shop and the shop and my computer are 7 miles away from each other and it makes things hard sometimes. I saw one side of a fuse holder and it has been wired without the fuse and the end is on the solenoid I think. My question is how is that gonna keep the pulsar from showing a 0.5 volt reading when cranking the engine over? I could not get the guy at the cart shop to listen to me when I said it read no voltage when cranking and had no resistance either. According to their service book the pulsar is bad, am I way off here? It is stuff like this that make me want to go into the corner and grind on some filler something I know I can do. That is why I called the shop in the first place that and I am so busy then get my a$$ chewed like I did by that shop guy. Any and all help I thank you much. Jim
Old 05-05-2014, 08:50 PM   #5
tegger
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I found my inline fuse right next to the solenoid.

A friend of mine had a fuse right in the box that has the micro switches for the throttle. Have a look there when you can. Otherwise, you might have to trace the wires from the solenoid to the key switch back to the throttle switches right up to the starter/generator.
tegger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 05:53 AM   #6
hugger6933
Getting Wild

Just at a glance you would think it comes from the reverse buzzer to the solenoid. I am pretty sure I'm looking at the right wire remains there is the black cap of one side of the inline fuse holder pushed back and just straight wired. Still no body will or has told me why the guy at the cart shop says that is the reason my cart won't run when I told him there was no voltage output from the pulsar. Was it that he was just so pig headed that he was gonna have his say and not care what I had to say or answer the question I called to ask in the first place? This thing is driving me nuts. Thanks again Jim
Old 05-06-2014, 07:04 AM   #7
crash test dummy

how about calling a different shop ?
Old 05-06-2014, 01:14 PM   #8
tegger
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Hugger, I'd go to another shop or take the cart home and do your own troubleshooting.
Old 05-06-2014, 02:08 PM   #9
hugger6933
Getting Wild

The cart never went to a shop,I have a body shop and came up turning wrenches, I am super busy trying to get out a couple of wrecks so I can get paid. I just thought it might be one of those times where it is worth more to let someone else do it than spending my time on it. That guy don't know me , don't know I have been around a shop a little while and he didn't care. It ticked me to the point last night I was looking at new Cub Cars When the place he works for sells EZ-GO. They both come to our club, but I don't think I would buy a air cap from the shop I called after the way I was treated. Jim
Old 05-08-2014, 08:53 PM   #10
tegger
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

That sounds like the place I bought my ST350 from. After we had it for a couple of days, I noticed that the hour meter wasn't changing. I nosed around in the engine compartment and found that the wires were disconnected. I was furious. Karen was a step ahead of me and hid my car keys. I was ready to go jump the fool about it. Sold me a cart as new and it wasn't. For the big stuff, I use a different shop that is just south of me. Didn't know they were there when we bought our cart, but they do pretty good by us. We rent a cart from them every year for a function we do.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO