lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-26-2014, 05:56 PM   #1
Dirtrhodes
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Gas ezgo txt has no power

My 99 two cylinder eh29c ezgo txt starts up and drives for about a minute than starts to slow down and won't accelerate as fast as it did. It can climb a hill after first starting up but then after a minute or so of driving, it can only very slowly crawl up the hill like it has less power. Would it be a tuning problem? Or a compression problem?
Dirtrhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-27-2014, 12:35 AM   #2
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Gas ezgo txt has no power

I don't have one of these, and have never worked on one, but it sounds like a heat issue. Guys always recommend adjusting the valves on the 4 strokes, so it might be a place to start.

Possibly fuel starvation.

Remember though, I have no experience with these newer ones. It's just a guess.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 07:01 AM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Loosen the gas cap and see what happens. If that doesn't help check the valves. See the stickies for instructions.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 12:32 PM   #4
Dirtrhodes
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I replaced the fuel pump because it didn't look like it was pumping enough gas but the new pump is no better. The gas only trickles into the filter even at full throttle. I also disconnected the breather tube from the air box and noticed that it spits oily smoke. Not sure if that is ment to do that or what.
Old 07-27-2014, 01:41 PM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Ok, we need more info. Lifted? Oil level? Check the gas cap? If there is too much oil in the system it can cause the pulse tube to get some oil in it and it will not pump correctly. If it is lifted you cannot go by the stick unless it has already been checked. Last, if the vent on the tank is not working the it is pulling a suction on the tank and keeping the fuel from flowing.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 02:29 PM   #6
Dirtrhodes
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

It is not lifted but the cart may not have been level. I checked the oil and it read low on the stick so I filled it, sounds like I over filled it. What is the best way to remove a little oil? Do I have to remove the skid plate?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO