lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-08-2014, 08:16 AM   #11
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ignition problem?

check the ground straps , they can break or be broken inside , the most common one to break it the one right above the starter generator that connects to the frame , usually it gets broken when the starter generator is taken in and out , also the connections need to be clean, bad ground leads to burnt regulator with a new starter generator
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-08-2014, 02:57 PM   #12
colu41
Getting Wild

There is a small cut in the ground wire from the S/G to the frame. But only maybe a few actual bristles from the cable are actually cut. I'm not an electrician but a few guys told me that shouldn't cause any problems....
I'll get pics here in a little bit.
colu41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 05:24 PM   #13
colu41
Getting Wild

Here are some pics.
One of the slightly cut ground wire coming off the starter going to the frame.

Next one is the melted S/G ground that goes to itself from how hot it gets.

Last I tried getting the entire wiring of the S/G along with that extra ground wire that the cart had when I bought it. It comes off of the flywheel case and from the manuals it doesn't belong there. But I'm not sure. Its very short so whoever put it on there I'm guessing tried putting it on the starter when it started acting up originally.

Any help would be great.

I'm just afraid of purchasing a new S/G and having something else wrong with the cart that burns out another one. I've already dumped too much cash into this thing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cut wire.jpg (186.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg melted starter wire.jpg (183.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg wiring & ground.jpg (221.6 KB, 0 views)
colu41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car