lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-16-2014, 11:05 AM   #11
Iceberg57
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Could This Really Cause a Problem?

had a similar problem myself. cart would 'bog' down and the S/G eventually went bad. had it rebuilt. all was good but the cart would still bog intermittently. i did notice that when this happened at night the headlights would get brighter when the cart bogged. after some checking with a volt meter it was discovered that the regulator was intermittently calling for 17V! this was taxing the S/G and bogging the cart. replaced the voltage regulator and its been running like a champ ever since.
Iceberg57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-16-2014, 03:28 PM   #12
colu41
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceberg57 View Post
had a similar problem myself. cart would 'bog' down and the S/G eventually went bad. had it rebuilt. all was good but the cart would still bog intermittently. i did notice that when this happened at night the headlights would get brighter when the cart bogged. after some checking with a volt meter it was discovered that the regulator was intermittently calling for 17V! this was taxing the S/G and bogging the cart. replaced the voltage regulator and its been running like a champ ever since.
That would be great if that was all that my problem was but I just replaced the V/R. So it's either I take a chance (guessing that my brand new V/R was faulty) and just keep buying parts, or take it in somewhere to really diagnose the problem. I don't know what to do.
colu41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 06:01 PM   #13
Rodriguezmf1250
Getting Wild

Did you test the v/r and s/g with the into posted earlier? That would tell you if it was either.
Rodriguezmf1250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 07:18 PM   #14
colu41
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodriguezmf1250 View Post
Did you test the v/r and s/g with the into posted earlier? That would tell you if it was either.
I'm going to replace some of the bigger wires then test everything again.
colu41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car