lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-03-2012, 05:30 PM   #1
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default SAE Y93 Headlight (DS Model)

My drivers side headlight blew out, but I have not been able to find one. I have found a replacement light assembly for ~$55 or so, but it is the whole thing with bezel and marker light. All I need is the headlight itself as I can unscrew the ground and the lead has a spade on the end to unplug. I also did a search here on the sight but did not find anymore information. I'm sure someone has ran into this so please let me know if you can enlighten me.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-03-2012, 05:39 PM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: SAE Y93 Headlight (DS Model)

The factory light doesn't have a "ground" to unscrew. It's all consolidated into the bulb. We'd have to know what kind of light kit was on your cart to be able to help you. Do you have a picture of the light?
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:42 PM   #3
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
The factory light doesn't have a "ground" to unscrew. It's all consolidated into the bulb. We'd have to know what kind of light kit was on your cart to be able to help you. Do you have a picture of the light?
Here you go. The lens came off (by design) when I took it a part to get the pic and I thought the bulb would come out, but it was not very willing and I did not want to break it off in my hand. Any thoughts?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 101_0432.jpg (126.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 101_0434.jpg (84.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 101_0441.jpg (74.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-03-2012, 07:47 PM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Note the white wire in 3rd pick shows the power lead and just to the right of it is the small black wire that is secured by a small phillips head screw.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:57 PM   #5
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

It's not a factory light. That's aftermarket. I've seen plenty of them though. It's an H3 55w halogen bulb. It should be held in by one screw in the back. You can get the bulb at any auto parts store or Wal Mart.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:02 PM   #6
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
It's not a factory light. That's aftermarket. I've seen plenty of them though. It's an H3 55w halogen bulb. It should be held in by one screw in the back. You can get the bulb at any auto parts store or Wal Mart.
Thank you very much. I guess that little screw with the ground wire must also hold the bulb assembly in. I will give it a try. Thanks again for your time and assistance.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:06 PM   #7
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

No problem.
Old 05-14-2019, 07:29 AM   #8
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Not trying to resurrect an ancient thread, but I did send both of you a PM about trying to find an SAE Y93 headlight, figured I would bring it up in case anybody on the forum currently might have an idea where to get one.

Also this thread has around 3,500 views, so I'm not the only person searching for one of these!
nwocart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 09:50 AM   #9
MWC "married w/ children"
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I have those bulbs, when I had my 2000 Sahara jeep they used those bulbs in the fogs. Dime a dozen on amazon and auto stores. I do have two lights I took off my 1990 DS cart. They are the "small" headlights. The bulbs in these are the old ones. Both work.
MWC "married w/ children" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 10:25 AM   #10
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWC "married w/ children" View Post
I have those bulbs, when I had my 2000 Sahara jeep they used those bulbs in the fogs. Dime a dozen on amazon and auto stores. I do have two lights I took off my 1990 DS cart. They are the "small" headlights. The bulbs in these are the old ones. Both work.
I am not necessarily in search of bulbs, but the glass lenses / housing. Any chance you have the SAE Y93? or if htey are the same size (about 4.5" x 2.5" is the lens size) want to sell them? I have been looking for some
nwocart is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car