lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Harley Davidson

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-13-2017, 04:02 PM   #11
Jeepman13126
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: New to me 65 Harley electric

Thank you for the reply. I need to get new batteries for it. Unfortunately the cost of the batteries will be almost what the cart is worth. I guess this will just be a labor of love.
Jeepman13126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-13-2017, 04:04 PM   #12
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Yep, that's kind of how it goes with these old carts...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 05:55 AM   #13
Bentjudges
Not Yet Wild

Default New to me 65 Harley electric

Yes title is clean, one owner. How do it get the back seat lose to view the code?
Bentjudges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 01:42 AM   #14
Jeepman13126
Not Yet Wild

Well I was finally able to test the motor. It seems to run just fine!
Old 11-16-2017, 05:21 PM   #15
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Sweet!
Old 02-04-2018, 11:09 PM   #16
Jeepman13126
Not Yet Wild

I have been able to get a bunch of work done to the old girl. I have striped off most of the Fiberglass getting it ready for paint. Welded in two new battery boxes. It previously had one box which held all six batteries in the middle of the cart. I moved two to the rear of the cart as it was originally. This should help balance it a little better. I am getting ready to test the electronics and need to figure out if it is worth it to replace any bad solenoids and possibly the speed controller, or try and do a solid state conversion. I can’t afford to do one of the ones from carts unlimited, but I am not sure what parts I would need to do one on my own. Any suggestions on needed parts and where to get them? Pics of progress to follow.
Old 02-04-2018, 11:12 PM   #17
Jeepman13126
Not Yet Wild

Here some pics
Old 02-05-2018, 08:56 PM   #18
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Nice progress! As for a solid state conversion, I did one last summer. I didn't want to drop the money on a CU kit either (as nice as they are). The process really wasn't all that bad. The parts you basically need a controller, F/R contactor, solenoid, and throttle box. I was able to reuse all of the original 6 gauge wiring in the conversion, as it was in good condition. That helped save money. Are you pretty good with basic electrical? Click on the link in my signature to see what all I did.
Old 02-06-2018, 06:53 PM   #19
Jeepman13126
Not Yet Wild

I am re-wiring the whole thing either way. None of the wiring is really any good. Where did you get most of the components from? Were you able to reuse your original gas pedal? My motor tested well so I think I am good there. I am gonna rest all of my current stuff to see if I can make it work, bilirubin if not then I am gonna do the same kind of conversation you did.
Old 02-06-2018, 07:11 PM   #20
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepman13126 View Post
I am re-wiring the whole thing either way. None of the wiring is really any good. Where did you get most of the components from? Were you able to reuse your original gas pedal? My motor tested well so I think I am good there. I am gonna rest all of my current stuff to see if I can make it work, bilirubin if not then I am gonna do the same kind of conversation you did.
Everything came from eBay from various sellers. I was able to reuse my original gas pedal, but I did have to get a little creative on mounting the pot box. It wasn't anything too bad though.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Harley Davidson