lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-27-2020, 09:50 AM   #1
tsmith_co
Getting Wild

Default Wheel/Tire suggestions for my usage

I'm about to overall a 2001 ezgo txt, and will be putting a 5" Jakes drop axle lift on. My thought is 22" tires. (36v stock motor, system converted to 48 v with 500 altrax).

This will be used at campgrounds as well as my small horse farm. (so, grass, uneven grass in the pastures, and some trails - ups and downs).

I'm unsure if a 10" wheel or a 12" wheel really matters, but it seems like 10" will give me more tire for more tread.

I'm wondering if these will be too agressive for campground - https://www.golfcarttiresupply.com/1...ombo-set-of-4/

These seem like they may do well on and offroad? - https://www.golfcarttiresupply.com/1...ombo-set-of-4/

(I don't want to rumble around a campground, but I don't want to get stuck on my small farm).

Suggestions welcome! thanks
tsmith_co is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-27-2020, 11:54 AM   #2
Allmanac
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Wheel/Tire suggestions for my usage

Either ones would work for the terrain and not be too loud. Go with 10" wheels and 22" tires as they will give you a more cushy ride than 12". More sidewall = softer ride. Run the air pressure 5 - 7 lbs. less than the sidewall recommended air pressure.
Allmanac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 12:18 PM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I have the similar set of tires called Sahara Classics and a couple of those pictures show those but not listed as that. May be knock offs of a Chinese tire.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 10:21 AM   #4
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Some all terrain tires are 10 ply, 8 ply, 6 ply etc. The more ply the stiffer the ride will be, but the more you can air them down safely. For campground and normal groomed trails, 4 and 6 ply are plenty and will ride better. Ply count and air pressure are the two biggest factors in how soft a tire feels.

Another consideration, some off road tires are directional, which means you can't rotate them side to side. Just somethings to consider.

On a golf cart I find that the difference between 10" and 12" is really mostly looks. Get what you like. The difference in ride won't be that big of a deal, almost unnoticable. The ply and the air pressure will affect ride more.

Other than that, either of those choices will work just fine.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts