lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-04-2020, 11:08 AM   #1
StumpNocker
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Wiring Upgrade Question/Opinions

95 Club Car 48v. Stock(I think) 300 amp curtis controller. Going to be adding stronger controller in future and want to be ready already.

How do I know which wiring upgrade to get for my cart? Should I even buy one of the kits or just reverse engineer what's on the cart and duplicate? Where would be a good place to buy a kit if I went that route?
StumpNocker is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-04-2020, 11:21 AM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Wiring Upgrade Question/Opinions

You can buy a kit or individual parts here https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/upgrade-packages

'95's were odd. There were 2 different controllers and 2 different throttles, AND 2 different types (Power Drive and Power Drive Plus) that year so be careful when upgrading as you need to order the correct parts or order from the correct person to ensure you have what is specific to your cart.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 11:34 AM   #3
StumpNocker
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:

'95's were odd. There were 2 different controllers and 2 different throttles, AND 2 different types (Power Drive and Power Drive Plus)
That's exactly why I'm asking[emoji57]. The more I read the more I go down the rabbit holes... the search feature on this pc version is fighting me along the way too.

Mine has a solenoid on positive side and the negative lead goes through what I consider a current sensor that apparently tells the charger how many amps are being used during charging? That makes for more wires and different sized terminals on the ends too I'm sure.

I'm fairly good with industrial/commercial and instrumentational electrical work and feel I'll have these carts figured out in just a short time as well. You guys are my cheat sheet though and it is much appreciated!!
Old 06-04-2020, 11:42 AM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by StumpNocker View Post
That's exactly why I'm asking[emoji57]. The more I read the more I go down the rabbit holes... the search feature on this pc version is fighting me along the way too.

Mine has a solenoid on positive side and the negative lead goes through what I consider a current sensor that apparently tells the charger how many amps are being used during charging? That is the Hall sensor it is running thru and accounts for energy usage. The part is called an OBC. It has nothing to do with upgrading the cart. It is only there for charging and lockout unless you have a Regen 1That makes for more wires and different sized terminals on the ends too I'm sure. You will not mess with those wires unless you want to remove the OBC and buy a smart charger.

I'm fairly good with industrial/commercial and instrumentational electrical work and feel I'll have these carts figured out in just a short time as well. You guys are my cheat sheet though and it is much appreciated!!
Call David at 706-431-3917706-431-3917
​ as he is the CC Guru and will help you get exactly what you need.
Old 06-04-2020, 12:18 PM   #5
StumpNocker
Gone Wild

Club Car

Will do! Thank you sir!
Old 06-04-2020, 04:12 PM   #6
StumpNocker
Gone Wild

Club Car

And his kits come with the orange, white and blue cables too?
Old 06-04-2020, 06:29 PM   #7
scat pack cart
Not Yet Wild

I purchased an upgrade from Revolution. 500 amp controller and motor package for torque. They'll do a great job for you.
scat pack cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 07:13 PM   #8
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by StumpNocker View Post
And his kits come with the orange, white and blue cables too?
Normally the cables are color coded at the terminal ends. I do not want to speak for David, but he can confirm.
Old 06-04-2020, 07:22 PM   #9
StumpNocker
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scat pack cart View Post
I purchased an upgrade from Revolution. 500 amp controller and motor package for torque. They'll do a great job for you.
Mind sharing the price for the total package?
Old 06-04-2020, 07:24 PM   #10
StumpNocker
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Normally the cables are color coded at the terminal ends. I do not want to speak for David, but he can confirm.
Right, I just mean, does the kit come with the upgrade for those wires as well? That's all. I assume it does though.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car