lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-06-2012, 01:30 PM   #1
skipi123
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Intermittent power

Every once and awhile when I step on the accelerator pedal all I get is the solinoid opening and when I let off it will close. After a few tries the cart will opperate normally. Any thoughts? PS Johnnie B. I have the new style charger plug (charger side) with about 8" of cord if you are still interested let me know how to get it to you from Minnesota.
skipi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-06-2012, 02:27 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Intermittent power

Sounds like the solenoid is intermittently failing. Just because you hear a click does not mean it works.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:55 PM   #3
skipi123
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok. I have a new solenoid and still have the same issue. ??
Old 04-11-2012, 04:55 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Could be the F&R micro switch is failing or the new solenoid is bad...... it is more economical to test than replace parts.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:30 AM   #5
skipi123
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok. I put the cart in the diagnostic mode and got three-one. According to the code chart on the controller box that is a speed sensor/magnet fault. The cart does run after several pedal presses. Once it goes it stays going and when placed in diagnostic mode no messages are given. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks
Old 04-21-2012, 09:44 AM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I'd make sure the contacts in the plug on J-5 are clean and tight.
If that didn't correct the problem, I'd make sure the magnet assembly screwed onto the end (Driver's side end) of the motor shaft is tight and that the inner and outer snap rings that hold the sensor in place are in the grooves.

If that all checked out and the problem still existed, I'd replace the magnet ring and sensor.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:24 AM   #7
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

My 1998 TXT series has a Molex plug for the ITS and micro. I've probably unplugged and replugged it more than it was designed to take. However, there are times when the solenoid engages but the cart doesn't move. My ITS is not in the circuit when this happens, so I unplug and replug the Molex, and that fixes it.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2004 pds ezgo
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO